New Jebao DCP pumps anyone ???

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This contraption works on the output of the pump. I did try the 1 1/4 fitting on the intake for you. Unfortunately it won't work. It seems to be the correct size but the threads just don't seem to match up. Maybe it's metric?
Im both confident and worried now, ive ordered a 1 1/4" BSP hose tail so i hope it fits.. be a bummer if it doesnt. Are your fittings npt?

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two DCT 12000's on my display tank pushing 7ft of head pressure for over a year with no issues. I just bought a DCP 10000 and a DCP 4000 for my new 168g Rimless tank build. I like them a lot. I have about 8 different powerheads as well from Jebao that work really well also. thumbs up!!!;)

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im both confident and worried now, ive ordered a 1 1/4" BSP hose tail so i hope it fits.. be a bummer if it doesnt. Are your fittings npt?
Sorry but I do not know what npt means. I looked at the fitting and the package and do not see anything that says npt.

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but I do not know what npt means. I looked at the fitting and the package and do not see anything that says npt.
Npt as in relation to the thread type, npt or bsp .. 1 universal thread is apparently too much to ask for haha

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Npt as in relation to the thread type, npt or bsp .. 1 universal thread is apparently too much to ask for haha
Got ya. Unfortunately I can't tell you if it's npt or bsp. But yeah there's way too many variables available for a guy like me [emoji23]

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the fitting that screwed into is a standard sch 40 fitting. Not sure if that helps

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got ya. Unfortunately I can't tell you if it's npt or bsp. But yeah there's way too many variables available for a guy like me [emoji23]
I heard a way to tell is that BSP is uniform all the length of the thread and NPT tapers at the end.. not sure how reliable that is

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the fitting that screwed into is a standard sch 40 fitting. Not sure if that helps
Hosetail arrived today and is unfortunatly too small, .. using the 1.5 inch one i ordered and filing it down to fit the inside of the nuts... not got another option

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hosetail arrived today and is unfortunatly too small, .. using the 1.5 inch one i ordered and filing it down to fit the inside of the nuts... not got another option
Gotta do what you gotta do!
It really amazes me how all other sizes of this pump will work with standard pvc fittings except this one.

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta do what you gotta do!
It really amazes me how all other sizes of this pump will work with standard pvc fittings except this one.
Its really annoying.. the fact that theres no data sheets available for sizes is pretty fecking crap and ive allready bought 3 wrong size hosetails after measuring with a flippin ruler and digital caliper

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After filing down a 1.5 inch hosetail.. i can confirm its a watertight fit.. Result!

15104340611171412285707.jpg

Cihlid-Gene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, let me say the only thing that I know that is perfect is Jesus Christ; but as far as pumps, I have had NO problems with my Jecods (used to be JEBAO). I had been using Danner and Magpumps, but here in Texas, I noticed that all the watts I was using caused my tank to heat up more than I desired. I also had a large number of rigs to control the flow rate from initially ball valves, to a pretty sophisticated I thought, gate valve configuration. I first started out with a DCT4000 in a 100 gallon tank and upgraded my tank and my pump after 3 years to a DCS7000 in a 150 gallon tank. I could not believe how much quieter these pumps were. I was also relieved to not have to expend watts to run a pump and additional plumbing to restrain the output. The idea of an adjustable pump now seems to be a common-sense and obvious solution, but it is in fact not common. Finally, the cost of these pumps does not mean they are under-engineered, but rather the competition is just overpriced. I now have a DCP6500, this is the quietest pump I have ever run, I do not hear anything, but I am running my 180 gallon tank and 30 gallon sump at 1631GPH with no noise, no heat and no problems.

I have upgraded to keep up with evolving technology but my first DCT, I just gave away after about 5 years and its now at use in a sheltered location running a water feature in an outdoor KOI pond. My 7000, I just replaced because I was enthralled by being able to control my flow rate from 30 to 100% in 1% intervals and also track the watts used by the pump and have the ability to install a wifi controller at very little additional cost in the future. I have purchased from FishStreet and other vendors but, I like to use local vendors because when I have a question with FishStreet, I have to deal with a language issue sometimes. FishStreet now does have local distributors so I can get the prices without a delay in delivery or a language issue.

Yes, I do see a number of pumps and it would be easy to ascribe copying, but neither I, nor anyone else here can make such a statement and prove it. In fact what I have observed, is more in the nature of 'form follows function'. I have no axe to grind, nor any need to proseletize, 'To each, his reach'. But, if you are wondering whether to try out one of these JEBAO or JECOD pumps, the costs are not prohibitive and the performance is incredible. Don't allow the 'nattering, nabobs, of negativism' deter you from doing your own testing, then posting what you know, not what you may have heard. Let's spread light, not just hot air.

Cihlid-Gene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, let me say the only thing that I know that is perfect is Jesus Christ; but as far as pumps, I have had NO problems with my Jecods (used to be JEBAO). I had been using Danner and Magpumps, but here in Texas, I noticed that all the watts I was using caused my tank to heat up more than I desired. I also had a large number of rigs to control the flow rate from initially ball valves, to a pretty sophisticated I thought, gate valve configuration. I first started out with a DCT4000 in a 100 gallon tank and upgraded my tank and my pump after 3 years to a DCS7000 in a 150 gallon tank. I could not believe how much quieter these pumps were. I was also relieved to not have to expend watts to run a pump and additional plumbing to restrain the output. The idea of an adjustable pump now seems to be a common-sense and obvious solution, but it is in fact not common. Finally, the cost of these pumps does not mean they are under-engineered, but rather the competition is just overpriced. I now have a DCP6500, this is the quietest pump I have ever run, I do not hear anything, but I am running my 180 gallon tank and 30 gallon sump at 1631GPH with no noise, no heat and no problems.

I have upgraded to keep up with evolving technology but my first DCT, I just gave away after about 5 years and its now at use in a sheltered location running a water feature in an outdoor KOI pond. My 7000, I just replaced because I was enthralled by being able to control my flow rate from 30 to 100% in 1% intervals and also track the watts used by the pump and have the ability to install a wifi controller at very little additional cost in the future. I have purchased from FishStreet and other vendors but, I like to use local vendors because when I have a question with FishStreet, I have to deal with a language issue sometimes. FishStreet now does have local distributors so I can get the prices without a delay in delivery or a language issue.

Yes, I do see a number of pumps and it would be easy to ascribe copying, but neither I, nor anyone else here can make such a statement and prove it. In fact what I have observed, is more in the nature of 'form follows function'. I have no axe to grind, nor any need to proseletize, 'To each, his reach'. But, if you are wondering whether to try out one of these JEBAO or JECOD pumps, the costs are not prohibitive and the performance is incredible. Don't allow the 'nattering, nabobs, of negativism' deter you from doing your own testing, then posting what you know, not what you may have heard. Let's spread light, not just hot air.

Cihlid-Gene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

acabgd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how accurate their GPH ratings are for these pumps? Don't wanna buy the wrong pump obviously.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how accurate their GPH ratings are for these pumps? Don't wanna buy the wrong pump obviously.
I’ve heard the dct and dcs were running under the rated amounts but don’t know on the dcp. For the small price difference I would size up and run at reduced % if needed. I was using a dcs 4000 at full power and purchased two random flow generators. I wanted more flow and decided on the dcp 8000. Instead of getting the 6500. The footprint is the same and feel I can run it at lower watts to achieve the same goal plus create less stress on the pump. Also, if I decide to upgrade I can use the same pump. Just my $.02

Cihlid-Gene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Looks like Jebao has launched their new line of pumps - DCP which have sine wave controller instead of Pulse Width Modulation .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JECOD-JEBAO...460394?hash=item3ac7ef6dea:g:1UEAAOSwARZXiPM3

Fish-street hasn't got them yet..

Has anyone bought it ? If so , it will be great to share your thoughts.

Regards,
Abhishek
I have the DCP6500, installed in a freshwater tank, submerged in a 20 gallon sump supporting a 180 gallon tank. I replaced a DCS7000 and I love it. It pumps more efficiently, seems to be running at 25-26 watts most of the time, and is quiet! Unbelievably quiet... The control display is sweet displaying percentage of flow and watts used. However, it could be improved. It actually varies the flow rate from 30% to 100%, I wish it would display the at pump GPH rather than the FR percent. That's picky I know since it might not be worth much without considering head heights and so on. I also would like for Jebao to include a chart showing the calculation of gph as impacted by head height at each 10% power variance of FR variance for the controller. I have a heavy bioload in my tankand I have to maintain a pretty high flow rate and also not overpower my mechanical fiters or my herbie/animal overflow. I really wold like the controller to help me with some of the calculations. I have had mine for several months and I got it from Fish-street. over the last six years I havekept upgrading and re-purposing my old Jecod/Jebao pumps. I have never had a problem with a pump, and I have liked each new generation. I don't see any advantge at all in the higher priced units that are out there.

I recall seeing a question about externally running these units, as far back as I can remember all the pumps have had warnings that they had to be run submerged to avoid heat and excessive wer issues. If thew pump does not fit your needs don't buy it. Failures caused by operating outside the design parameters are maybe not pump failures but failures of intellect.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back