OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it looks so .. Wondering if anyone has got one to review .
81$ doesn't look bad :)

Regards,
Abhishek

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These Jebao devices has helped alot. ..they are good and their price has provided some competitiveness in this hobby thanks to them.

I like ecotech products alot but boy they charge too much.
I remembered paying $1000 for their two mp40wes in 2012..at the time they were close to $500 each.

So without Jebao, i think alot of us are either using crappy powerheads or paying too much for Ecotech powerheads.
Just my opinion

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These Jebao devices has helped alot. ..they are good and their price has provided some competitiveness in this hobby thanks to them.

I like ecotech products alot but boy they charge too much.
I remembered paying $1000 for their two mp40wes in 2012..at the time they were close to $500 each.

So without Jebao, i think alot of us are either using crappy powerheads or paying too much for Ecotech powerheads.
Just my opinion

Absolutely !! Only question is reliability , noise and heat dissipated ???

Regards,
Abhishek

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of any issues with jebao powerheads and pump.
There powerheads and pump are very reliable base on user reviews. I like them due to their price for the same performance ad the Ecotech.

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am thinking of the DCP 6500 for my new 70 gallon build which will also run on manifold to feed my MRC reactor ..
Dilemma is whether the knockoff or spend more for the Vectra M1 or even more for the Royal Exclusive RDs ...

Regards,
Abhishek

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because you didn't hear! :)

I heard the second generation DCT pumps are a lot better but they are so new we don't have data to back that up. This pump, I am not sure the third generation or a new line of copy cat which is first gen!

Never heard of any issues with jebao powerheads and pump.
There powerheads and pump are very reliable base on user reviews. I like them due to their price for the same performance ad the Ecotech.

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunatelly i haved jebao wp40 and jebao dc 6000 pumps and both died in 1.5 year mark. So no more jebao tunze here i come. Also for return i use new jet pumps who works like a charm.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few of their DC pumps and from what I can tell, for now from close inspection of every component, is a slight lack of QA/QC

Martin H. Lawton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't trust any jabeo return pump, but their other stuff I use, doser and dc wave pumps. I did run their dc return pump for a couple of months and it worked but I was scared the whole time.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really really like Deepwater aquatics DC pumps. Similar style a little more $ but not much, and have been very reliable for me 1yr+ with 2 of them. I'll be phasing out all my other pumps for deepwater pumps little by little.

Lovemycj7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say part of ecotechs value is their excellent customer service. I have equipment from both manufacturers and so far luckily have only had to contact ecotech with an issue. And Ecotechs response was top notch. Well worth paying a few extra $$$ for.

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really interested in getting one of these pumps. Looking for anyone that has experience with any of the different Jabao line of return pumps. I have a 180g and basement sump and the returns lines are about 16ft vert and 16 ft horizontal so i need alot of head pressure. I currently use a mag 18 or 24 cant remember which and i dont get much flow. I dont want in external pump as i have a glass sump and dont want to have to drill it and i already have all the plumbing for the internal setup. thanks

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a DCT-15000 for a return going on a year for my 180 with basement sump. Has been working well. I've cleaned it once when I swapped my sump for a bigger one.

I have a DCP-15000 for a backup now I picked up from Amazon and a Mag18 as well that can be swapped in if necessary. I would make sure to have a spare pump but that goes for any kind of return pump.

I am running a DCP-18000 on my skimmer full out right now and has been great for the brief time I've used it. Picked it up at the same time as the DCP-15000 from Amazon.

You can see it here.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/mtc-mvx-skimmer-review.252436/page-8

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running the jebao returns for a few years now. The first models worked well but had a hum to them if you ran them at full power, but it was only when you got past the 10k model. The new DCP is pretty quiet and pretty strong. I do notice they work better if you do not restrict them much.

As far as skimmer pump's I believe they are the best deal out there right now. Jebao return's and skimmer pump's are being used by many manufacturers right now and many have rebadged them. Some are white, orange, red, blue, black........but they are just Jebao pump's when its all said and done.

All that being said, I have had a few powerheads die, one return and one skimmer pump since they have been out. But imo they don't die any more often than most brand's out there. I have used QO, Tunze, Sicce, Eheim, ocean runner, via aqua, atman, octopus, MJ, cobalt...etc and I would say the best for longevity is the MJ and eheim. I used an eheim return for 10+ years and then sold it off. I have some MJ's going on 15yrs but they are not strong enough for a return. But for the price Jebao is tough to pass up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back