New Jebao DCP pumps anyone ???

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunatelly i haved jebao wp40 and jebao dc 6000 pumps and both died in 1.5 year mark. So no more jebao tunze here i come. Also for return i use new jet pumps who works like a charm.
Have 4ea WP60 going on 4 years power supplies from Fish-Street were not dependable they would over heat but found a replacement that has worked great with little heat.

Torqued

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This dcp18000 is a beast....I have very high head application with basement sump and easily 13ft head. It's still easily pushing 2k gph. I'm very impressed.

951d5dfdcdbb26a5f2b83322e56227d8.jpg

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another member did the same thing up to 30 feet and got water to come out. Dcp18000

Last edited:

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have 4ea WP60 going on 4 years power supplies from Fish-Street were not dependable they would over heat but found a replacement that has worked great with little heat.

Where can one find better power supplies. What to look for when replacing one?

michael.cser20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 of their power heads last year and both of them broke within 6 months. Of course they didn't have any kind of warranty and contacting them was impossible. Ended up having to buy mp40's like I wanted to in the first place. I would just save and get the high quality stuff because when this breaks you will have to buy it anyway down the line.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DCS 3000 (I think) return pump. Has been working just fine for the past year or so.

I don't think there's anything wrong with these pumps if you know what you're getting into. They're obviously not Ecotech products and don't have the reliability or customer service. They probably won't last as long and they probably aren't as polished. But, you pay only a fraction of the Ecotech price. A Jebao 12000 return pump (capacity of about 3,200GPH) is $98 on Ebay. The Vectra L1 (capacity of about 3,100GPH) is $450. To me, I'd rather take the gamble and buy a Jebao and maybe have to buy a second if the first breaks. If the first one fails and I buy another, I'm still ahead. If the second and third also fail and I have to buy a fourth, I've still spent less than I would have paid for a Vectra (4*98 vs $450). I think it would be highly unlikely to have 4 of these pumps fail on me, so I have no problems buying and maybe having to replace it later.

Not everyone shares this view, and that's fine. This is just my opinion.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use the Jebao pumps externally? I am tempted but not sure if it will leak.

danielsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using my DCP 10000 for a month, it had a slight whining to it the first 3-4 days and then settled down. The thing is a beast, i run it at 55% and with 9ft head pressure from my basement sump it still puts around 250gph up in the tank.

David Mc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use the Jebao pumps externally? I am tempted but not sure if it will leak.

I don't think there is much chance of leaking but the pump motor is designed to be cooled by submerging in aquarium water. I have read several reports of people running them successfully as an external. Success is probably determined by ambient temps and how hard the pump is working.

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey.. i recently bought the dcp 4000 for my tank to run externally with other equipment but its only got fittings to hard plumb it. It comes with a couple hose tails for the output but i need a hosetail for the input aswell, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as ive been trying to find fittings for it and had no luck

Cheers

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert, did you figure out your plumbing brother? I just got the same pump and I'm having issues

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey.. i recently bought the dcp 4000 for my tank to run externally with other equipment but its only got fittings to hard plumb it. It comes with a couple hose tails for the output but i need a hosetail for the input aswell, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as ive been trying to find fittings for it and had no luck

Cheers
Robert, did you figure out your plumbing brother? I just got the same pump and I'm having issues

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fishbox, i found a 1.5 inch BSP hosetail from ebay but it was too big so ive ordered a 1.25 one.. being from the UK aquarium plumbing for specific large sizes is like finding rocking horse muck. hopefully that will be my answer as at the minute ive got alot of gear to install and no pump

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fishbox, i found a 1.5 inch BSP hosetail from ebay but it was too big so ive ordered a 1.25 one.. being from the UK aquarium plumbing for specific large sizes is like finding rocking horse muck. hopefully that will be my answer as at the minute ive got alot of gear to install and no pump
I found out that the female portion of a 1/2" union will screw directly to the output of the pump but I would rather not cut back the pipe size that much. The inside diameter of the pumps output is around 1". So I'll keep looking. Please let me know if that piece works for you or if you find something else.

Greaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Owned a few and really did enjoy the product. Did have some failures on the power heads in the past, but I'm still a fanboy.

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out that the female portion of a 1/2" union will screw directly to the output of the pump but I would rather not cut back the pipe size that much. The inside diameter of the pumps output is around 1". So I'll keep looking. Please let me know if that piece works for you or if you find something else.
Ive only found 1 supplier of hosetails big enough to fit the pumps intake on ebay so im hoping it fits as if not, im gonna be really stuck as i havent come across any uk sites that sell them. And yeah with 1/2 you might be lucky to get 2000/2500lph haha, wish i could just go to a store and actually test fot parts, be so much easier

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive only found 1 supplier of hosetails big enough to fit the pumps intake on ebay so im hoping it fits as if not, im gonna be really stuck as i havent come across any uk sites that sell them. And yeah with 1/2 you might be lucky to get 2000/2500lph haha, wish i could just go to a store and actually test fot parts, be so much easier
This is what I came up with

Robert Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I came up with

Is that for intake or output of the pump? .. man i wish we had hardware stores in the uk to just pick fittings up.. unless i dont know about them haha

Also does that 1 1/4 fitting fit the intake of the pump? If it does ive got the right fitting ordered

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This contraption works on the output of the pump. I did try the 1 1/4 fitting on the intake for you. Unfortunately it won't work. It seems to be the correct size but the threads just don't seem to match up. Maybe it's metric?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back