New Jebao DCP pumps anyone ???

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been out of the hobby for a few years and getting ready to set up a temporary 80g tank. Would like to try one of these pumps. Which one would you recommend? This tank is going to be in my garage and will be sps dominant and I will have a 60g sump plumbed in until I get a new 200-225g tank build going.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been out of the hobby for a few years and getting ready to set up a temporary 80g tank. Would like to try one of these pumps. Which one would you recommend? This tank is going to be in my garage and will be sps dominant and I will have a 60g sump plumbed in until I get a new 200-225g tank build going.
I would get the 15k to use for the 225. You can turn it down for the 80.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so let me bring this back up.. i have 2 iwaki rlt 100 for returns .. one per side on my tank.. they push the water from the basement mechanical room to the tank above, about 12 to 15 feet.. each side is doing (according to my flow meters from apex) 1250 .. One is about had it.. thinking for replacing it with the DCP 18000 .. the newest model.. Thoughts ... will is see pros or cons.. thanks

voksbug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Jebao DCP 5000. It is only 3 months old. The pump is working fine, but the controller no longer allows me to adjust pump speed. I purchased it on Amazon through a third party seller and I am out of the return window. I guess I have to buy a new controller! This is the last Jebao product I will purchase.

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Looks like Jebao has launched their new line of pumps - DCP which have sine wave controller instead of Pulse Width Modulation .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JECOD-JEBAO...460394?hash=item3ac7ef6dea:g:1UEAAOSwARZXiPM3

Fish-street hasn't got them yet..

Has anyone bought it ? If so , it will be great to share your thoughts.

Regards,
Abhishek
Hi,
I have been browsing through this old thread regarding the Jebao dcp 65000. May I ask did you eventually go for this return pump for your 70g build? I myself have just bought the same pump for my 60g cube including the sump! My question is what flow rate do you have in on the control pad? Advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.5%
Back