trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#njrc

Hello Again,

As you know, NJRC is participating in ReefAPaloozaNY again this year, and we are looking for volunteers to help us out for each day.

We would need volunteers for the following days and times:

6 volunteers for Friday from noon until the welcome bags are complete.

3-4 volunteers for Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

3-4 volunteers for Sunday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Saturday and Sunday would be watching the doors, checking for bracelets, helping distribute the welcome bags, helping with wristbands, watching over the raffle area and helping with the exhibitor lunches. Wherever they can use the help.

Reef-A-Palooza will provide staff shirts to the volunteers working on Saturday and Sunday (shirts are not needed for Friday).

If interested, please respond to this thread with the day(s) time(s) you can participate.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me

*Right now, Saturday is pretty much covered so we are looking for more folks to volunteer on Friday and Sunday. If interested please reply to this thread or at http://www.njreefers.org/threads/volunteers-for-rap-2018.99225/

OP
OP
trio91

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#NJRC

To New Jersey residents, mark your calendars and save the date, The 2018 ACC Bash Event is just days away!

Join us Saturday August 25th 2018 for an awesome Hobby Day Event hosted by Aquarium Care Center and the New Jersey Reefers Club! The entire store will be on sale along with food, games, prizes and special guests from Red Sea along with some of your favorite YouTube personalities!

Also, for those in attendance, as part of our joint conservation efforts we will be raffling off a brand new, Red Sea Peninsula tank ($3800 value) where 100% of the proceeds will go to marine and reef conservation! **You must be in attendance and a resident of the state of New Jersey in order to participate in the raffle.

For more info on this event, visit http://www.njreefers.org/threads/acc-njrc-present-win-a-red-sea-500-peninsula-aquarium.99594/ or feel free to contact me.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be there, they are 8 minutes from work and 20 minutes from home [emoji23]

If anyone hasnt been they usually have a very nice selection of fish and a very wide selection of lps and soft corals and occasional uncommon sps from different locations. Prices are also reasonable on livestock.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally picked up my frag bag [emoji23]
Worked well holding my tonga torch, some pink monti and some clean up crew from the acc bash.
Stayed for the Red Sea and LRS speaking events.

OP
OP
trio91

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#njrc

Hey guys,

As most, if not all of you know, our hobby in general is moving more and more towards social media. Platforms such as Facebook and YouTube are becoming very popular, and have taken this hobby by storm. So in keeping up with the times, we are looking to launch a parallel, reef keeping Facebook forum.

We are looking for some Members/Beta users to join up, poke around, post theads, pix, comment etc. and give us your feedback on this. Thoughts, comments, and suggestions will all be appreciated. Right now, the forum colors are different as to avoid confusion between the sites so please disregard.

**This will not be replacing our current reefkeping forum but, for us it does have the ability to reach a wider audience on being on social media. Yes, we currently do have a FB page , but its lacking a bit as it wasn't set up properly from jump. If it does kick off, we will consider taking down our current Facebook page but for now that will remain active.

Click on the link below to join and if you have any questions, give me a shout.

OP
OP
trio91

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#njrc

In case you haven't heard, We are hosting a new year's event on January 26th 2019, at the Jackson Elks #2744, 1059 East Veterans Hwy
Jackson NJ 08527.

Admission is $10 per person and is open to both paid and un-paid club members.

We will have Coral Vendors, Raffle prizes as well as Food and beverages so it should be a great event!

If you are interested in attending, please RSVP via our forum http://www.njreefers.org/threads/jan-26-2019-janurary-monthly-meeting-jackson-elks-2744.100470/ or on our Facebook group page https://www.facebook.com/events/534037187092686/?ti=cl. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

OP
OP
trio91

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20190916-213426_Chrome.jpg

k3cka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update,

In welcoming our new NJRC Board of Directors, the New Jersey Reefers Club is in the process of making some changes to our web site as well as our online, social media presence. Items on the BOD's agenda will include things like: becoming more active as a club on Reef2Reef, a "Love Your LFS" marketing campaign which will include new monthly on-site club meetings, strengthening our site POTM .....(just to name a few)

If you have any questions, or would like to become involved with NJRC, please feel free to reach out to me here on Reef2Reef or on our site: njreefers.org

Marcus (Trio91)
Hey there,
Are your meeting throughout the state or stay in a specific area? Interested in joining, but live in North Jersey.

Thanks

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I'm current out of country but getting a tank upgrade underway and have been looking into local communities to get to know people and enjoy talking to others. I've had a 20g nano for sometime with some highs and lows as we all have first tank, but learning alot and taking the time with the second tank to avoid the mistakes I made with the first.

OP
OP
trio91

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I'm current out of country but getting a tank upgrade underway and have been looking into local communities to get to know people and enjoy talking to others. I've had a 20g nano for sometime with some highs and lows as we all have first tank, but learning alot and taking the time with the second tank to avoid the mistakes I made with the first.
Are you in Nj? You can also check us out on our club forum www.njreefers.org

Back