New job at the lfs

Burburuzan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fantastic news, and it's so refreshing to hear you won't be waking up dreading work anymore. Wishing you all the best in this new chapter—it sounds like exciting times ahead! If you ever find yourself exploring more opportunities or considering a change down the road, you might want to check out a technical recruiting firm for potential matches in the tech world. Here's to new beginnings and continued success!

Last edited:

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congrats! Sounds like a great job and opportunity.

I switched jobs at the beginning of this year. I worked as an engineer on the biggest Class 1 railroad. They hated their employees and I couldn't do it anymore. Bought my own company and really enjoy getting up to "work" every day. I now work pretty much 7 days a week and anywhere from 3-12 hours a day. But I really enjoy it. I also make better money haha

Semper.Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So about a month ago, my lfs store called me with a job offer. They are a newer store and lacking in the saltwater knowledge area and I had been giving them advice now and then. I agreed to meet with the owner and did. I had been at my current job 15 years and was absolutely ready to walk, in fact I had pretty much given my supervisor an ultimatum 2 hours before this offer came. The store owner matched my current salary and benefits so I took the job. So my responsibilities are mostly servicing customer owned salt tanks, setting up new customer tanks, and caring for the stores salt tanks. I just set up the stores new display reef tank, a 230 total gallon beast,it’s currently cycling. I couldn’t be happier!!! I wake up much happier every morning! It’s like a dream, I get to build tanks using other peoples money. I never would have dreamed that at 55 years old, I could make such a drastic career change but I did. I really hope that the store does well, and things work out, and I think it will. Please wish me luck!!!
Wow congratulations on the job!! I’d like to be in your shoes when I’m 55. Already retired from the military so I think I can make it work!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back