New Leopard Not Swimming

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the leopard in qt for 3 nights so far. The first 2 she slept in the sand and would swim along the bottom during the day. Last night she didn't sleep in the sand, and last night and today I wouldn't call it swimming, she is floating with the current but her body is "c". It's like she "stiff". She isn't eating minus a few coepods the first day. Her breathing is fast for she currently is (see pic). I have tried mysis, brine, live brine, live blackworms, frozen coepods. I have read before that sometimes it's better to just put leopards into your DT. Not sure what else I can do for her... suggestions?
15e9fd4e9cde107c12526cfe441c99cc.jpg

josuer302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if you have rocks inside your quarantine if you dont you might want to try putting things inside it so she feels more secure

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should treat her with something for intestinal worms. Try live food. Just so you know owner of a lfs told me only 1 in 5 leapored wrasses survive shipping stress. Did you see her eat at fish store?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "cv swimming you describe is not a good sign. I have never seen one come back after that.

There is a philosophical divide on whether or not to qt or go straight into the dt. The behavior you describe, very likely would have occurred regardless of which tank it was put in. While the dt has pods on which the leopard will readily feed, the qt would be the less competitive and less stressful environment to get used to life in aquaria.

OP
OP
RMS18

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should treat her with something for intestinal worms. Try live food. Just so you know owner of a lfs told me only 1 in 5 leapored wrasses survive shipping stress. Did you see her eat at fish store?
I have prazi in the tank, started it on the 3rd day. Yes my lfs ordered 4 of them for me assuming there might be 1-2 left. 2 were doa one died 3 days after and this little girl lasted a week in the lfs hands. She was eating live coepods at the lfs. I am still trying to get live pods for her as everyone is out. She was eating them off live rock. She did eat 2 live brine shrimp last night so that was good.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back