New LFS/Coral store in Wappingers/Hopewell area

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Stumbled across a very promising new store today. Aquarium Solutions 1o1. Nice selection of fish and corals. Emiliano, the owner, seems very knowledgeable and helpful. He came from House of Fins and another nice shop that was/is in Bedford that I can't remember the name of at the moment. Definitely worth a visit. I wish him the best of luck.

Cultivated Reef

albano

View Badges
Reaction score
He came from House of Fins and another nice shop that was/is in Bedford that I can't remember the name of at the moment.
I’m guessing that he was at Complete Aquarium in Bedford Hills...
how is his pricing? H of F and Complete are probably the 2 highest priced stores in the US!

mets17127

View Badges
Reaction score
In my experience there, you need to know what the livestock is worth before you ask him the price. Went 3 consecutive days and got 3 different prices on the same piece. Some prices are high, some are low. Be an informed customer and haggle.
Seems more knowledgeable on fish than coral, so consults his invoice when you ask for a price. Sometimes, he may not know what the coral is and give you the price for another coral.
Overall, nice to have options in the area again.

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Or it could have been Gil’s in mamoroneck.
I’ve gotten a few fish in the past from complete aquarium which were very healthy and eating.
Hopefully I get some work towards this new store so I can check it out.

OP
rhdoug

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m guessing that he was at Complete Aquarium in Bedford Hills...
how is his pricing? H of F and Complete are probably the 2 highest priced stores in the US!
It was Complete Aquarium, thanks for getting that name for me. Agree on both stores' pricing -- Crazy! Oddly enough, my tank came from HOF 20 years ago. Got it through a fund-raiser we attended in CT. I would never have dealt with them otherwise, they are WAY out of my price range! They did set up the tank and got my foundation for the reef from them. Still have all the rock and some of the original mushrooms that came with it.

OP
rhdoug

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
It's on 376 on the edge of Hopewell/Wappingers

Is your Build Thread Badge missing? Uh oh!

• Yes it's gone

Votes: 50 29.8%
  • Nope, I'm quick

Votes: 55 32.7%
  • Uh I don't understand. (you better click and read)

Votes: 23 13.7%
  • Never had one...until now!

Votes: 40 23.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Your Reef
Chaos Aquaculture