New macro lens

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
4,214
Reaction score
8,691
Location
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I received my new Nikon 200mm Micro f/4 and took a few test shots. Here it is on my Nikon D610 with my old 60mm macro next to it.

IMG_3812.jpg

This lens is amazing! The photos below are untouched, other than resizing them to be smaller files for upload.

200mm Macro Chalice.jpg

200mm Macro Lobo.jpg

200mm Macro Watermellon.jpg

DSC_8274.jpg

200mm Macro Bonzai.jpg

200mm Macro Zoas.jpg

200mm Macro Cyphastrea.jpg
 
Niiiiiiiice. That’s quite a spendy lens. It better give some nice shots :)

I got lucky and found an open box deal on B&H Photo for $300 off. Full warranty and the lens is in pristine condition!
 
That is a beast of a lens... I have one in my collection and it has some of the best bokeh out there. Great for fish too - you can take closeups from several feet away without spooking the fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new