New mandarin

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a new captive bred mandarin goby eating pellets, frozen, flakes, and pods. I was wondering however will it forget to eat pellets and frozen once it sees the pods I have

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandrins prefer to hunt all day, but if it's eating frozen, flake, and pellets you might be ok.

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Biota captive bred mandarin still eats frozen even living in a system with plenty of pods. I feed a mix of reef frenzy, mysis shrimp, frozen copepods, cyclopeeze, and fish eggs and I supplement with newly hatched baby brine shrimp. I’ve heard that they can sometimes forget to eat prepared food but so far that hasn’t been a problem for me. I’ve never seen him touch a pellet.

I’d make sure to turn off all the pumps during feeding to give the food a chance to settle at the bottom

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect. Also any idea the growth rate on these guys? Mine is about a inch and a centimeter across
Nose to tail?
I got mine at the inch long stage and a year and a half later they're about 2 1/2 " long. And almost half as wide. Lol they're fatties

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nose to tail?
I got mine at the inch long stage and a year and a half later they're about 2 1/2 " long. And almost half as wide. Lol they're fatties
The goby is a biota goby thats about a inch long and at the head only a cm. He or she is fairly skinny so hoping to make it nice and chubby. Any tips to making then big

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goby is a biota goby thats about a inch long and at the head only a cm. He or she is fairly skinny so hoping to make it nice and chubby. Any tips to making then big
Time and lots of food. If I recall, they are usually shipped pretty small.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake at Biota recommended TDO B1 pellets when I got my baby mandarin, He loves those as well as the different varieties of frozen I feed. They may eat pods too but they have been raised to eat prepared food,

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back