New mated clowns and bta

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the new pair of clowns with their bta. They were on a schedule, so hopefully they will adjust to the new tank and photoperiod. I would love to try raising little ones.

The females belly looks fat to me...

matedclowns010.jpg

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck,clownfish raising can be fun and VERY enjoyable!

Could you tell me how switching their environment will effect their cycle? Also, I have 5 other baby (6-8 months old)clowns in the same tank with them. They are all ocellaris and the mated pair dont seem aggressive towards them, but dont exactly welcome them in their bta either. Could having these other clowns throw them off a bit? I'm really hoping to see some eggs. As soon as I do, I want to start culturing rots to be ready for the next time around.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When taking the fish out of their tank into a new envionment,its liek a whole new world to them.Its like this:You dont want to have new kids right away after moving into a new home.Right?You would probobly have them after you settle down a bi and get used to your new home.Its the same thing with clownfish.

And IME having other clownfish in the tank with the pair you are wanting to spawn,can end in problems.IME when fish are spawing they become very aggresive and will some times kill other fish if they come close to the nest!If it were me I would remove the other 5 fish and place them in a 10-15 gallon tank for a bit.

Let me know if you need more help!

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When taking the fish out of their tank into a new envionment,its liek a whole new world to them.Its like this:You dont want to have new kids right away after moving into a new home.Right?You would probobly have them after you settle down a bi and get used to your new home.Its the same thing with clownfish.

And IME having other clownfish in the tank with the pair you are wanting to spawn,can end in problems.IME when fish are spawing they become very aggresive and will some times kill other fish if they come close to the nest!If it were me I would remove the other 5 fish and place them in a 10-15 gallon tank for a bit.

Let me know if you need more help!

Thanks much for the advice. I have a 14g biocube I've been needing to setup and that would probably be a great place for little clowns (until they get a bit bigger anyways). I'll keep you posted and probably ask for more advice when things start to happen.

Thanks again.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back