Rating - 100%
13   0   0

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Scott, greetings from another geneticist, though I'm one of those darn bacterial geneticists who work with our 'simple' systems. Haha!

Asterinas should be rather easy to be found in the Boston area. There's probably many a saltwater store in your area that's battling them currently.

Good luck with the research, and have fun with your reefing!

Best!!

OP
OP
sgkennedy

sgkennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sgkennedy
Dr. Scott Kennedy
Scott
I have a very nice infection currently. I added a shrimp predator a month or two ago and these bred faster than the shrimp can eat. I recommend that we discuss your ability to provide a home for inoculation from my tank to yours. I think I have a good problem for your purposes. PM, or start a build thread? LMK.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Kris.

friday GIF by chuber channel
Hey Kris,

What do you think of this plan. I send a Fed Ex package to your place. The package will be a styrofoam box with a plastic bag and pre-payed return label inside. You put all the asterina you can find in the bag, bag in the box, attach return label, and I arrange to have fed ex pick it up. If you are ok with the plan, we will need to figure out a way for you to get me your address privately. I'm guessing this is what you meant by PM or a build thread. Embarrassed to say..., I don't know what these are. PM is probably personal message, right? Anyways if you can let me know how you are most comfortable exchanging private info, please do. Can we do something like this on this site?
Scott

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Kris,

What do you think of this plan. I send a Fed Ex package to your place. The package will be a styrofoam box with a plastic bag and pre-payed return label inside. You put all the asterina you can find in the bag, bag in the box, attach return label, and I arrange to have fed ex pick it up. If you are ok with the plan, we will need to figure out a way for you to get me your address privately. I'm guessing this is what you meant by PM or a build thread. Embarrassed to say..., I don't know what these are. PM is probably personal message, right? Anyways if you can let me know how you are most comfortable exchanging private info, please do. Can we do something like this on this site?
Scott
That's a good plan. I just sent you a PM. It will appear as a red box with a number over the envelop icon next to ACCOUNT.

I wonder if anyone else on here has kept a culture tank for these starfish before? I am thinking that a newly set up tank would not support them and wondering what parameters (Temp, light period, food) need to be provided.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back