New Member from Central CA.

KoralKushMan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
24
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, Looking to start propagating corals.....I've owned a reef aquarium for years, but looking to make my hobby self-sustaining by growing corals and selling them to my local retailers. Advice welcomed.
 
Welcome to R2R!
A2ZL3Je.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!! Best of luck with your new venture!
 
Hey there, Looking to start propagating corals.....I've owned a reef aquarium for years, but looking to make my hobby self-sustaining by growing corals and selling them to my local retailers. Advice welcomed.
IMG_20191112_193408_01.gif
 
Welcome!!!
Best of luck selling to retail stores unless you set yourself up as a legitimate business. Till then, you can always negotiate store credits. I got the tank that I have now, a majority of the original equipment, and maintenance items with store credit 15 years ago. Sure helps the wallet out.
 
Last edited:
Agreed. you are kind of stuck with store credit, then paying retail for items, so at the end of the day your credit does not go super far. Better than nothing though.

I trade for credit with a few local shops. You make FAR more money selling to local and national reefers directly but then you have to ship.

Also tough as a non-business to keep enough variety in inventory so that you dont saturate your local market quickly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new