Dune Movie Love GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
Only 157 left to go to hit 20 !!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::cool:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! New to the forums all the way from Victoria, British Columbia, but been reading articles and threads for a few years now. Can't say enough good things about R2R! Without even asking direct questions, the amount I've learned from lurking has been amazing. Pretty good testament when you're constantly seeing people refer others to this site for more information about reefing.

I had a 34g AIO for about ten years with nothing more than softies, CUC and a few fish with a bunch of upgrades to everything except taking it to the next level on lighting. I kept a 5g qt pico alongside and it did well as well. Packed everything up for about 5 years and now back in the game. I started with a 65g bowfront but before I got it up and running tore it all down simply becasuse the stand was ridiculous to work with. So fresh start with a 75g, built my own stand and running a 25g sump. Reef Octopus skimmer, Aquaforest reactor, Fiji cube overflow drilled and plumbed and Kessil A360X lights with controller. Its only been running for about a month and I started with dry rock and live sand, Dr Tims ammonia and micro bacter to start the cycle. Home stretch now, cycle should be complete this week and ready for a first fish. Advice is always welcome!

I'll get better pics with blue light filtering as it progresses. And the rock work, while not my ideal, is sculpted using reef safe cement so that each of the three structures is free standing and allows for water to flow behind it as well.
20220914_194450.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). What you already have put in this thread, maybe you'd want to just copy/paste it over into other area of Forum for your Build Thread because you seem to have already made a nice write up - love your photo! (sunglasses or even medicine bottle (cut up) can be used in a pinch to act as camera filter)

This might help you find people local to you in Canada:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Delta Heavy

Delta Heavy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). What you already have put in this thread, maybe you'd want to just copy/paste it over into other area of Forum for your Build Thread because you seem to have already made a nice write up - love your photo! (sunglasses or even medicine bottle (cut up) can be used in a pinch to act as camera filter)

This might help you find people local to you in Canada:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Appreciate the tips and the links! And I will definitely create a build thread, for me to keep a record of successes and mistakes. Cheers

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 46 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back