New member getting back into the hobby......

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sixty7x
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sixty7x

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2019
Messages
60
Reaction score
83
Location
RI
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a hiatus for 11 years and in the winter of 2019 my wife asked if we could get "fish" again. O.K. here we go!!! The main difference now compared to back then is my patience. I started acquiring different pieces of the puzzle and still haven't got up and running, and i'm o.k. with that. The setup will be the largest I've done but not large by any means. We have a small house and not much room. I chose a standard 65 gallon display that will be a peninsula with overflow going to basement for extra tank and equipment. At this point I'm thinking about a 50 gallon (because I already own it) refugium/extra space tank and then overflow this to an equipment sump. I see lots of great ideas using stock tanks and I'm leaning towards this option as the equipment tank. l'm looking forward to this experience again and learning a lot more.
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your build with lots of photos! I cannot wait to see your build thread! :)

FYI my wife ask when we will STOP buying fish LOL!
 
Welcome to the lagoon!
coral_crinoid_chimney_787med.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new