New member... :) Here's some assorted photos...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Brie, those are some awesome pictures. Welcome to R2R. What a great way to introduce yourself.

CJ
 
awesome pictures, and welcome to R2R. your going to fit right it here very well. maybe one day i will have a camera and the skills do take pictures like that, for now i just have cellphone camera.
 
Wanna tell us the settings you tend to use when shooting your pictures? Are you using a flash at all?

Awesome pics and welcome to R2R!!!
 
Welcome! Nice shots!!!

So now I know what I want to be when I grow up, a quality photographer. That is if I ever grow up?! :tongue:
 
Welcome Brie. Glad to see you over here.
 
Wanna tell us the settings you tend to use when shooting your pictures? Are you using a flash at all?

Awesome pics and welcome to R2R!!!

well, the specifics are never the same pic to pic or tank to tank, but I always shoot manual and adjust things as necessary. I still haven't gotten off my *** and gotten a water proof gray card yet for setting the most accurate custom WB, but I use a white piece of paper taped to the tank i'm shooting for setting WB, then further adjust with the WB adjustment bracket to get it precise. I typically don't use flash, only one of the photos I posted that I used flash with was the with the white Spider Sponge polyps.. I've experimented with using flash, but i've just never gotten comfortable with the color representation when doing so. The most successful i've been with flash is using the lowest flash brightness I can, a flash diffuser, and a very long shutter to help with the starkness.
 
Please take a pic of your rainbowish Fungia in your own tank!
Welcome to r2r! I plan on getting a t2i within the year.

That pic is of it in my own tank. ;) ill post a closer up pic here in a bit. Had lots of requests for one.
 
You have got some very good skillz with that camera!I have the same one,my pics dont compare!
 
what macro lens are you using, amazing pictures

Think she said the kit lens that comes with the camera and a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro.

CJ
 
Alright here's the closer pic of the fungia as requested... Under actinic LEDs, it fricken glows.
5461706411_5eed16b88b_b.jpg
 
Love the pictures of your tank and the store tanks! I visited the shop last summer and I thought it was clean and you guys had a good selection of livestock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new