New Member Intro

Reefer_Heff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
New here and COMPLETELY NEW to the hobby. I'm in Central Virginia and this will be my first salt water tank. I've had a few various sizes of fresh water over the years nothing larger than 40 gallons.
I have been threatening to get a reef tank for a LOOOONG time and have spent the past couple years watching almost every BRS and Mr. Saltwater video out there plus many more.
I FINALLY went to Richmond, VA today to check out a few LFSs and see some tanks in person. I'm still deciding on what to get, but am leaning heavily toward the Red Sea Reefer XXL 625. Still going to do a sanity check on Innovative Marine and Waterbox just to be sure. I'm hoping/planning to have one of the three in my living room cycling in the next 2 weeks or so...
I may also do a Nano peninsula to use as a QT/hospital/extra feature just to fill a weird little passthrough "window between my kitchen and living room that doesn't get used for anything else anyway.
WISH ME LUCK!!!

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
New here and COMPLETELY NEW to the hobby. I'm in Central Virginia and this will be my first salt water tank. I've had a few various sizes of fresh water over the years nothing larger than 40 gallons.
I have been threatening to get a reef tank for a LOOOONG time and have spent the past couple years watching almost every BRS and Mr. Saltwater video out there plus many more.
I FINALLY went to Richmond, VA today to check out a few LFSs and see some tanks in person. I'm still deciding on what to get, but am leaning heavily toward the Red Sea Reefer XXL 625. Still going to do a sanity check on Innovative Marine and Waterbox just to be sure. I'm hoping/planning to have one of the three in my living room cycling in the next 2 weeks or so...
I may also do a Nano peninsula to use as a QT/hospital/extra feature just to fill a weird little passthrough "window between my kitchen and living room that doesn't get used for anything else anyway.
WISH ME LUCK!!!

Attachments

• 72267.png
    72267.png
    57 KB · Views: 17

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
WISH ME LUCK!!!

Welcome to the slippery slope, my friend.

Before you pick a tank, think about the fish you'd like to have in your tank. Then choose your tank and equipment around the fish you want.

That being said, the XXL 625 is 130 gallons, so, you can keep just about anything in that!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back