New Member Intro

Grayskull01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
New here and COMPLETELY NEW to the hobby. I'm in Central Virginia and this will be my first salt water tank. I've had a few various sizes of fresh water over the years nothing larger than 40 gallons.
I have been threatening to get a reef tank for a LOOOONG time and have spent the past couple years watching almost every BRS and Mr. Saltwater video out there plus many more.
I FINALLY went to Richmond, VA today to check out a few LFSs and see some tanks in person. I'm still deciding on what to get, but am leaning heavily toward the Red Sea Reefer XXL 625. Still going to do a sanity check on Innovative Marine and Waterbox just to be sure. I'm hoping/planning to have one of the three in my living room cycling in the next 2 weeks or so...
I may also do a Nano peninsula to use as a QT/hospital/extra feature just to fill a weird little passthrough "window between my kitchen and living room that doesn't get used for anything else anyway.
WISH ME LUCK!!!
WELCOME!!!

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome mouse GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
New here and COMPLETELY NEW to the hobby. I'm in Central Virginia and this will be my first salt water tank. I've had a few various sizes of fresh water over the years nothing larger than 40 gallons.
I have been threatening to get a reef tank for a LOOOONG time and have spent the past couple years watching almost every BRS and Mr. Saltwater video out there plus many more.
I FINALLY went to Richmond, VA today to check out a few LFSs and see some tanks in person. I'm still deciding on what to get, but am leaning heavily toward the Red Sea Reefer XXL 625. Still going to do a sanity check on Innovative Marine and Waterbox just to be sure. I'm hoping/planning to have one of the three in my living room cycling in the next 2 weeks or so...
I may also do a Nano peninsula to use as a QT/hospital/extra feature just to fill a weird little passthrough "window between my kitchen and living room that doesn't get used for anything else anyway.
WISH ME LUCK!!!

Welcome! Glad you joined. With your freshwater background (I come from freshwater originally too) as well as all your planning, you will have many successes!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started thread during planning stages like where you are now. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
WISH ME LUCK!!!
Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

OP
OP
Reefer_Heff

Reefer_Heff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. With your freshwater background (I come from freshwater originally too) as well as all your planning, you will have many successes!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started thread during planning stages like where you are now. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Yes! I'm going to do a 100% build thread. Although it wont be anything as spectacular as most of the people on here, I'm going to do a complete start to finish thread for it. I actually took my first picture today of the area where the tank is going...its going to be a journey, but I cant wait to get started!!!
Here's a sneek peek of the area as it sits right now...the dogs have to relocate to another part of the house. hahaha
Before_Pic.jpg

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... New here and COMPLETELY NEW to the hobby. ... this will be my first salt water tank. I've had a few various sizes of fresh water over the years nothing larger than 40 gallons....

Welcome to R2R !

Your fresh water experience, research, and plan for a quarantine tank will serve you well.

As a novice, I will be looking forward to seeing your success and learning what works.

Best wishes in 2022,
Jim

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back