New member to Reef2reef.

Gellisjr1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2023
Messages
213
Reaction score
129
Location
Schenectady
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to introduce my self to everyone. My name is Gordon I am from the Schenectady, NY area. I've been into and out of the hobby pretty much most of my life. My dad had Salt & Freshwater aquariums while I was kid. After I got married to my wife I had a 42 gallon saltwater fish only tank and 20 gallon nano reef tank with small fish. When we had to move out of our apartment I had to take down the tanks and ended up giving them away. I have now just decided to get back into the hobby after quite some time. I am amazed how much the hobby has changed and is taking a more biological approach to filtration along with mechanical filtration and LED lights producing much more spectrum of light for corals. I am currently gathering equipment to get my 35 gallon cube tank up and cycling. I am almost ready to get started. I am waiting for my protein skimmer to arrive. After that comes I will be able to plumb the tank and equipment.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new