ccejka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm just adding some chaeto to help with keeping pods for our wrasse and look at gettin a mandarin goby as well. Also the nutrient benefits never hurt. And I'm looking for some ease off as well. Cause life does get busy. Right now I'm dosing calcium since we've added a few coral frags as they are starting to grow. Learned alot of the last 2 years and especially in the past few months with corals.

The curve seems to be so fast with coral, I started dosing Cal, Alk, and a Trace really looking to get into a Cal reactor in the future but have to save some funds up to make sure my bother doesn't get to touch about the shops money going into a fish tank vs inventory lol.

Also pretty jealous you have a purple tang, I am on a list at my LFS for one I really want to add one to my tank.

OP
OP
moonman2091

moonman2091

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of us here. This last year at MACNA there was a fairly well attended meet-and-great for veterans. In addition to the many other wonderful aspects of reefing, it can be amazing therapy.
Not sure what MACNA is at the moment lol

But agreed. We find ourselves eating dinner and just watching the tank.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to make it to MACNA next year, I didn't know they did a meet and greet like that. Where did they post that information so I can look for it next year.

I think I just saw it on the schedule at the event and on social media. @Brew12 - do you remember any of the details of the vet meet-and-great at MACNA?

OP
OP
moonman2091

moonman2091

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The curve seems to be so fast with coral, I started dosing Cal, Alk, and a Trace really looking to get into a Cal reactor in the future but have to save some funds up to make sure my bother doesn't get to touch about the shops money going into a fish tank vs inventory lol.

Also pretty jealous you have a purple tang, I am on a list at my LFS for one I really want to add one to my tank.
The purple tang survived the move and has been alive in this tank for about 5 years.

It's a bit of a jerk though. We thought it was our yellow tang. They both were put in at the same time and got along until we started adding other fish to the tank. Larger fish like a naso and a harlequin tusk. But the purple tang is the culprit of us having to get rid of the other fish to save them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure what MACNA is at the moment lol

But agreed. We find ourselves eating dinner and just watching the tank.

MACNA (Marine Aquarium Conference of North America) is one of the largest saltwater and reef conferences that is held each year. This past year it was held in Orlando and will be in Phoenix in 2020.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to have you join, great place to be

1575595031101.gif
Has @Crabs McJones seen this one? Oh the humanity! :D

ccejka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The purple tang survived the move and has been alive in this tank for about 5 years.

It's a bit of a jerk though. We thought it was our yellow tang. They both were put in at the same time and got along until we started adding other fish to the tank. Larger fish like a naso and a harlequin tusk. But the purple tang is the culprit of us having to get rid of the other fish to save them.

Yeah I am running a rish adding a purple with a yellow already in the tank but I will keep a close eye on them and play it by ear.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
moonman2091

moonman2091

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MACNA (Marine Aquarium Conference of North America) is one of the largest saltwater and reef conferences that is held each year. This past year it was held in Orlando and will be in Phoenix in 2020.

Gotcha. Would be nice to go to but Phoenix is a long ways away lol

OP
OP
moonman2091

moonman2091

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am running a rish adding a purple with a yellow already in the tank but I will keep a close eye on them and play it by ear.
We had to move our rock around and quarantine. But it would work for only a few months or so before we started noticing fins missing and tail slapping.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

ccejka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Phoenix... I have been looking to move from the Midwest to Phoenix so that will give me a reason to go out there an look at houses again!

We had to move our rock around and quarantine. But it would work for only a few months or so before we started noticing fins missing and tail slapping.

That's a bummer, some times these little animals tell us what we will have in our tanks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back