NEW MEMBER.

USN_THE_FLASH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just started my first salt water tank. first day started off great, over flow was going good, return was awesome. then after a couple days of running i added a fan and a heater. here is a small video of how it looks before the fan and heater. so once i added those two items, now my overflow is sending the good amount of water to the filters however not alot reaches the return pump. any ideas as to why is this happening? do i need to add more water or slow my return? i have it set as is, i got it from waterbox all came with the tank. just want to prevent the return pump from messing up or make any alterations if needed to the filter sock/holder thank you all

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, would you have a pic of how low the return chamber is on your tank, it is quite normal for that chamber to be lower then the others, but you don't want it so low you are going to start sucking air, also have you topped off the tank with fresh water yet to account for your evaporation? great looking tank btw love the skull.

ryan reynolds deadpool GIF

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
godfather.jpg

Welcome to R2R! Nice tank. I like the skull. It sounds like evaporation. My 125 loses about a gallon a day to evaporation. Just top off with RO.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
sometimes when my Waterbox socks need cleaning the sock chambers fill up and not enough water goes over to the return pump chamber. The ato then kicks in. All is fine when I take the socks out to clean them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back