3   0   0
welcome2.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had freshwater tanks forever now I've had two saltwater tanks set up for 2 years. A 30 gallon long and a 10 gallon first year was slow but a fun experience the next 6 months was hell with hair algae when suddenly my tank started looking beautiful and my mushroom corals started forming second heads. Then the power outage... 61 hours if no power in 10 degree weather needless to say all my live stock died except a single Nassarius snail!!! (Myfresh water fish died too except my over sized gold fish but he was hit or miss for days after)The only thing that kept me from not giving up I combined both tanks rocks and water now it's looking healthier than ever before fingers crossed gotta do some spring cleaning though

20220408_231210.jpg 20220408_231148.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Here in Texas we went thru similar and our club has been featuring 'BBA' - Bounce Back Ability - as our theme given Feb 2021 Ice Storm that did similar cold and power loss. In my heart, you are an honorary member of our local club, no matter where in the country you may be. GOOD FOR YOU - you also have BBA which is such a great life skill and good for this hobby, too.

Agree with earlier post in this thread, get a generator, get extra fuel storage containers, and it all helps whenever the next outage comes. Thanks for sharing photos!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 91 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 33 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back