Tjumisko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had freshwater tanks forever now I've had two saltwater tanks set up for 2 years. A 30 gallon long and a 10 gallon first year was slow but a fun experience the next 6 months was hell with hair algae when suddenly my tank started looking beautiful and my mushroom corals started forming second heads. Then the power outage... 61 hours if no power in 10 degree weather needless to say all my live stock died except a single Nassarius snail!!! (Myfresh water fish died too except my over sized gold fish but he was hit or miss for days after)The only thing that kept me from not giving up I combined both tanks rocks and water now it's looking healthier than ever before fingers crossed gotta do some spring cleaning though

20220408_231210.jpg 20220408_231148.jpg

Last edited:

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r,hope all is well.
Sorry to hear about power cut and loss of livestock.
Have you put something in place incase happens again?
I read some threads even something as simple as a battery operated airstone can help a little with flow and oxygenate the tank.
Good luck and hope you don't have another power outage anytime soon

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had freshwater tanks forever now I've had two saltwater tanks set up for 2 years. A 30 gallon long and a 10 gallon first year was slow but a fun experience the next 6 months was hell with hair algae when suddenly my tank started looking beautiful and my mushroom corals started forming second heads. Then the power outage... 61 hours if no power in 10 degree weather needless to say all my live stock died except a single Nassarius snail!!! (Myfresh water fish died too except my over sized gold fish but he was hit or miss for days after)The only thing that kept me from not giving up I combined both tanks rocks and water now it's looking healthier than ever before fingers crossed gotta do some spring cleaning though

20220408_231210.jpg 20220408_231148.jpg
Welcome :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 60 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 38 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back