New Noo-Psyche K7 Mini settings

minireefcameo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my @noopsyche K7 Mini set up last Saturday and I set it up on the preset sps/lps setting. I didn't get my Kraken hood until yesterday, so I've had it set up all week with greenhouse polycarbonate over the top. I have hammers, frogspawn, GSP, and mushrooms but I also have an anemone and I read they need lighting closer to SPS. None of my coral are looking terribly happy and my anemone is looking VERY sad. Should I turn down the lights? I'm going from the stock fluval light in my evo 13.5 and I'm concerned I've blasted too much too soon. My other parameters:
Phosphate: 0
Nitrate: 0
Alkalinity: 8.5
PH: 8.0
Calcium: 460
Magnesium: 1380

20230311_144702.jpg 20230311_144649.jpg

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What test kits are you using currently?

OP
OP
M

minireefcameo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test kits are you using currently?
I use hanna for Alkalinity, salifert for ph, magnesium and calcium, redsea for nitrate, API for phosphate. I also took my water to my local Reef store today and had him test everything against my tests and it was all the same.

OP
OP
M

minireefcameo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, your phosphate and nitrate reading zero will definitely upset those corals as well. Best of luck :)
Yeah that's what my reef guy said too so I pulled my chaeto, he says that's probably pulling my phosphate and nitrates out
Yeah, you're blasting them. Drop down to the LPS setting, or better yet, go with another setting altogether. Here's mine on an Evo with LPS, mushrooms, GSP, zoas and nems (RFAs and a BTA):
K7mini01615_LPS (1).jpg
I'm not sure how to use this QR to see your settings. It doesn't scan to anything for me.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah that's what my reef guy said too so I pulled my chaeto, he says that's probably pulling my phosphate and nitrates out.
Sounds good :) Best of luck again!

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's what my reef guy said too so I pulled my chaeto, he says that's probably pulling my phosphate and nitrates out

I'm not sure how to use this QR to see your settings. It doesn't scan to anything for me.
Second what others have said, nitrates and phosphates zeroed out will tick off your corals and also put you in a position of vulnerability for dinos.

Re: QR code, I haven't tried importing settings yet, but I know you can. I might play around with it tonight and let you know if I find out how.

OP
OP
M

minireefcameo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second what others have said, nitrates and phosphates zeroed out will tick off your corals and also put you in a position of vulnerability for dinos.

Re: QR code, I haven't tried importing settings yet, but I know you can. I might play around with it tonight and let you know if I find out how.
Yeah I have dinos breaking out in there now so that explains why. Thank you so much

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have dinos breaking out in there now so that explains why. Thank you so much
If you have a microscope (even the kid kind for $30), suck up some dinos to see if it is ostreo, proro or amphi. If Ostreo, run UV. If the others the most sure way would be to add some real ocean sand or maybe a bit of ocean mud, and bring nitrates up and a bit of phosphates. The biodiversity spike wins out

2 (possibly 3) time dino survivor.

OP
OP
M

minireefcameo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a microscope (even the kid kind for $30), suck up some dinos to see if it is ostreo, proro or amphi. If Ostreo, run UV. If the others the most sure way would be to add some real ocean sand or maybe a bit of ocean mud, and bring nitrates up and a bit of phosphates. The biodiversity spike wins out

2 (possibly 3) time dino survivor.
Cool! I have a pretty decent microscope actually, I use it to check my goats for parasites. Unfortunately I'm a ways from the ocean but not so far that I can't make it out there. Hmmmm...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just got my @noopsyche K7 Mini set up last Saturday and I set it up on the preset sps/lps setting. I didn't get my Kraken hood until yesterday, so I've had it set up all week with greenhouse polycarbonate over the top. I have hammers, frogspawn, GSP, and mushrooms but I also have an anemone and I read they need lighting closer to SPS. None of my coral are looking terribly happy and my anemone is looking VERY sad. Should I turn down the lights? I'm going from the stock fluval light in my evo 13.5 and I'm concerned I've blasted too much too soon. My other parameters:
Phosphate: 0
Nitrate: 0
Alkalinity: 8.5
PH: 8.0
Calcium: 460
Magnesium: 1380

20230311_144702.jpg 20230311_144649.jpg
I ran them literally on blue only as i know they have deep depth penetraion, then ramped it up

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I have a pretty decent microscope actually, I use it to check my goats for parasites. Unfortunately I'm a ways from the ocean but not so far that I can't make it out there. Hmmmm...
Several sources for purchasing it as well. Factor in gas, and it might be the same as buying online! If you have ostreopsis, UV does the trick, running 24/7 for a few days. Hard to beat sand bed biodiversity though. I've had no troubles at all since I added sand from TBS in with my CaribSea sand that had dino problems and GHA matting on it.

OP
OP
M

minireefcameo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I turned everything way way down and I'll ramp up slowly. Is this too low? Everything is looking a little better already.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230312_101021_Noo-Psyche.jpg
    Screenshot_20230312_101021_Noo-Psyche.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 173

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned everything way way down and I'll ramp up slowly. Is this too low? Everything is looking a little better already.
Think so. I have mine currently on Blue; 50%, Violet: 50% and Whites: 18%. I am slowly marching the whites up to ~30%, leaving the blues and will ramp Violets up higher to be closer to AB+. Might actually have to drop the blues a bit since that one has the biggest contribution to PAR. Waiting on a holder for new Parwise meter.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back