New old Reefer here.

Old Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy guys and gals, its been about 40 years since I had a saltwater tank. We only had fish and a bunch of critters back then. The critters would eat our fish, i hated that when that happened. We had to do water changes frequently to keep everything alive. No gadgets, fancy lighting, nor sumps. All i can say now is Wow, how much the hobby has evolved. Little mollies were used to cycle our tanks, we did have fluorescent lights though, and a basic amonia and nitrate test kit. I've got a little 50 gallon mixed reef going now, with a bigger 75 gallon sump. Sump was planned for a much bigger tank in the future. Fish are happy, corals are happy. Sps, Lps, and some softies all doing ok so far. There is so much content on the net to read, i can spend hours and hours enjoying it all. We had no internet back in the days, so the LFS is where we mostly learned what to do, and trial and error played a big factor in any success. I look forward to seeing all of your tanks, fish and corals, and learning much more as i go.
Thanks,
Old Reefer

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Nice to have you on board :)

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 8.44.16 PM.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back