OP
OP
Coupla reef nutz

Coupla reef nutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a coral angel, scopas tang. Nemo with rose tip anemone and 4 chromis. Elegance coral, zoos, hammer, candy cane,Montipora dikata, toxic Goniopora , few acan and maze brain frags. We’ve what I call an experimental 30 gallon sump ( I remodeled it to fit , chaeto, lettuce and fern because of the nitrates) chaeto not doing so well but the others are knocking down the nitrates pretty good.. we like to see all eat well. Lit it all up with 6-AI prime HD turned down. Apex controller is definitely advantageous! Has already saved me a couple of mishaps with the real time graphs. A simple fan on apex controlled thermostat has been able to replace the chiller and keeps the temp within .5 degrees. That’s all ima ramble for now! Nice meetin y’all happy reefin!!!
Welcome Charlie and Reno! Tell us a little about your tank. You've found an awesome community that can absolutely help iron out the advancements that have come about since the 80's. Glad to have you with us.
we have a scopus tang, coral angel 4- chromis, a Nemo with a couple rose top anemone, baby lawn mower
Elegance coral, hammers, candy cane,Montipora dikata, toxic Goniopora, Zoas and maze brain frags.. 30 gallon sump with refug. Chaeto just fades but fern and lettuce like it alright. Lit it up with 6-AI prime HD. Apex controller is awesome! Replaced the chiller with a apex controlled fan and our temp remains within
BE7A4422-E429-4EE3-844F-B936EF6E97AE.jpeg
.5 degrees. The graphs on the apex are priceless as far as real time results. Good to meet y’all !!

OP
OP
Coupla reef nutz

Coupla reef nutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a coral angel, scopas tang. Nemo with rose tip anemone and 4 chromis. Elegance coral, zoos, hammer, candy cane,Montipora dikata, toxic Goniopora , few acan and maze brain frags. We’ve what I call an experimental 30 gallon sump ( I remodeled it to fit , chaeto, lettuce and fern because of the nitrates) chaeto not doing so well but the others are knocking down the nitrates pretty good.. we like to see all eat well. Lit it all up with 6-AI prime HD turned down. Apex controller is definitely advantageous! Has already saved me a couple of mishaps with the real time graphs. A simple fan on apex controlled thermostat has been able to replace the chiller and keeps the temp within .5 degrees. That’s all ima ramble for now! Nice meetin y’all happy reefin!!!

we have a scopus tang, coral angel 4- chromis, a Nemo with a couple rose top anemone, baby lawn mower
Elegance coral, hammers, candy cane,Montipora dikata, toxic Goniopora, Zoas and maze brain frags.. 30 gallon sump with refug. Chaeto just fades but fern and lettuce like it alright. Lit it up with 6-AI prime HD. Apex controller is awesome! Replaced the chiller with a apex controlled fan and our temp remains within
BE7A4422-E429-4EE3-844F-B936EF6E97AE.jpeg
.5 degrees. The graphs on the apex are priceless as far as real time results. Good to meet y’all !!
I’ll figure this out!

I thought I’d lost my first attempt at a description but I see it now.
Thanks to all :)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charlie here with Reno, newbies from Texas!! We’ve adopted a 90 gallon wave. We moved it from 6hours away. I had a reef tank in the late 80’s, then I had kids. Now that they’re moved out we’ve picked up the torch again and I’m amazed at how the hobby has progressed!
Welcome!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back