New Orphek Atlantik iCon LED Light

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys in your opinion how many orphek icon or compact icon should i use in My reef tank? 48”x22”x22” full sps reef tank
This is my 48x18x24 two compacts and 4 or120. Probably would be fine with 2 strips and no kessils but I like the overkill and shimmer

Attachments

• 20210513_172744.jpg
    20210513_172744.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 120

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get them to group? Im stomped here
Nvm, i figured it out.. FYI those of you that find yourself in my situation please see below:

Make sure you have setup at least one light. If you are not sure... please see orphek website....good info there.

1. Select the light that you have already setup and/or configured
2. Once you have done that you should see your current schedule (FYI this looks like a line graph of sorts)
3. Below the schedule you will see several icons (Control, Expand, settings, dashboard)
4. Select settings
5. From the settings menu, go to system settings
6. In the system settings menu, select the option to create group
7. You can then add all other lights that are setup to the same group. You will need to create a schedule for the group.
8. All done! Hope this helps.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got finished with the upgrades to the 4 gen2 that I recently got and are all now running the full icon upgrade. I am in the process of trying to program them and would love to use the helius program that is already preprogrammed, but trying to adjust the start and end times to the program. Can anyone tell me how to just move the times over would like to have it start later and turn off later to maximize my viewing time when I get home from work? Thanks.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got finished with the upgrades to the 4 gen2 that I recently got and are all now running the full icon upgrade. I am in the process of trying to program them and would love to use the helius program that is already preprogrammed, but trying to adjust the start and end times to the program. Can anyone tell me how to just move the times over would like to have it start later and turn off later to maximize my viewing time when I get home from work? Thanks.
Hey, below the schedule you should see dots(Set points). tap on it and it should turn red, from there you should be able to move or adjust it. Let me know if that works.

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The design and look of these is impressive. I have the cheap black boxes and the comparisons are like night and day. What's interesting is the LED color layout. My black boxes worked to help get me going in the hobby yet I can see one of these Orphek Atlantics being the answer I been looking for.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the new Orphek Atlantik iCon light the other day and will report in a few weeks. I apologize for the poor photo - very busy today.

iCon.jpg
Would love to see a video of these lights on your tank. I’m trying to figure out how much shimmer do they create. Thanks!

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t go wrong with adding the OR3 Blue Plus bars. I have 4 of them on my 300gal, along with 3 V4s and the spectrum that they give off in addition to the V4s is beautiful.

On the flip side, I am upgrading my V4s to the Icons. I just ordered 3 more for a total of 6 over my 84” x 30” x 26”. Overkill? Probably, but I want complete/blanket coverage for my SPS dominate tank.
Your tank size is quite close to my tank. I’m really keen to see a video of these lights on a large tank - especially want to see how much shimmer these lights produce (love Kessil shimmer). Thanks!

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also desperately looking for some videos

I ended up installing 6 Icons over my tank, not a whole lot of videos and reviews out right now to consume on the Icons. You will not get Kessil shimmer from these but it's a shimmer I really enjoy.

wfournier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tossing around ideas for lighting my JBJ 45 nano (26.5in long, 16in deep and 19in tall display, factoring the AIO sump it is 21in deep front to back) and was wondering if a single compact would do the job? SPS heavy mixed reef. Currently I have two Kessil 160's and two reefbrite XHO strips which is working ok but I am hoping to increase the par (topping out at 250 ish at the top of the rocks).

My main concerns are:

Will there be issues with shading from a single fixture?

With the higher recommended mounting height how much direct light falls outside the tank? I get the impression not too much but we have a 2 year old and another on the way and I don't want them standing next to the tank and staring into the lights. I think the optics should help with this but I haven't seen the orphek lights in person.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up installing 6 Icons over my tank, not a whole lot of videos and reviews out right now to consume on the Icons. You will not get Kessil shimmer from these but it's a shimmer I really enjoy.
Ive had my icons installed for about a month..... the colors of my corals are amazing. Im a fan..... just hope they are reliable.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question…..with your tank being 36”wide did you hang the lights “front to back” (perpendicular)? My tank is 34” wide and worry about the 24” long Orphek being able to cover that large width.
I know I might be asking a lot but any chance you could take a quick video so I could get a sense for what the shimmer looks like? I’m trying to make sure my wife is going to be happy as she likes some “shimmer”

SmCaudata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question…..with your tank being 36”wide did you hang the lights “front to back” (perpendicular)? My tank is 34” wide and worry about the 24” long Orphek being able to cover that large width.

I know I might be asking a lot but any chance you could take a quick video so I could get a sense for what the shimmer looks like? I’m trying to make sure my wife is going to be happy as she likes some “shimmer”
If you email Orphek they will give some recommendations. For a 72x30 full SPS they suggests 4 perpendicular or 3 end to end with OR3 supplements. They said 3 perpendicular would be enough, but with growth their may be shadow. You may be better off doing two rows of compacts rather than the big ones for a 36" width.

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My icons are being shipped from Hong Kong. I thought they were based off in Germany. Is this where your icons are coming from? I’m not getting a bootleg am I? It’s been sitting in shipment for over 7 days with no updates. Getting really aggravated as I have waited over a month.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back