New Pencil Wrasse Described

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2013
Messages
14,835
Reaction score
15,608
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful fish!
 
Last edited:
Awesome! Can you post your photo?
Here are a few of the terminal phase male.

DSC_0272.JPG


DSC_0280.JPG


DSC_0634.JPG
 
Here it is as a female when I got it.

I've had it since April of last year. It began to transition from female to male in September.

055.JPG


056.JPG


057.JPG
 
So that was a fun surprise. :)
Actually, I kinda had a clue what to look for. In a tank with other female pencil wrasses, these stick out. I have a sneaking suspicion they have been through the hobby unnoticed previously.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new