Splendid pencil wrasse with rosy scale wrasse

scaredmantisshrimp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2025
Messages
149
Reaction score
39
Location
porter ranch
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of cycling my 75g tank and whilst that’s been happening I’ve been making a list of the fish that work for the tank and on that list are a Splendid pencil wrasse (female) and a rosy scale wrasse (male). It’s also worth noting that I have 90lbs of rock and about 2.5 inches of live sand in the tank. I’m pretty sure it work because their from different genus and only one male but I’ve learned to always double check so please let me know.
 
I’m in the process of cycling my 75g tank and whilst that’s been happening I’ve been making a list of the fish that work for the tank and on that list are a Splendid pencil wrasse (female) and a rosy scale wrasse (male). It’s also worth noting that I have 90lbs of rock and about 2.5 inches of live sand in the tank. I’m pretty sure it work because their from different genus and only one male but I’ve learned to always double check so please let me know.
Yep! There won’t be any issues from that mix :)
I have 2 pencils currently mixed with 14-16 other wrasses. I believe 7 are fairy wrasse and not one of them bothers with the pencils (I don’t currently own a finifenmaa specifically but have other close-ish related species).
 
Have a splendid day
Yep. I am having a Splending day.
Here are my two Male Splendid, doing OK in my 320. I bought what I thought was a male/female pair, but the female was in transition and become fully color male in 1 week in my tank.
img_0816-jpeg.4256993
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new