New pest in QT, how do I remove it?

BaileyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just notice the SMALLEST thing on my zoa frag that looks like aiptasia to me... it’s really close to the polyp, like touching it and it’s so small I couldn’t inject anything into it, how can I go about removing it before it turns into something worse than a couple tiny ones? Would hate to have an outbreak of these guys.. anyone know if hydrogen peroxide dips working in killing them?

OP
OP
BaileyB

BaileyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the frag out of the water & see if you can put some superglue on it or remove it with tweezers
I’ll try that and see if I can keep it at bay, pepper mint shrimps do a good job of maintain aipatasia too? Thought it wouldn’t be a bad idea to throw 1 or 2 in my QT

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're indestructible IMHO. How many polyps on your zoa frag? Any chance of just moving the polyps to a fresh frag plug? I don't get bent out of shape over aptasia personally. There are far worse things, but since you've gone to the trouble of qt coral frags, would hate to see them sneak past u. Anything you try that isn't a 100% flawless victory on our first attempt will just anger it into budding and infesting any other frags in your qt with microscopic ones you can't see.

Amantijt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just notice the SMALLEST thing on my zoa frag that looks like aiptasia to me... it’s really close to the polyp, like touching it and it’s so small I couldn’t inject anything into it, how can I go about removing it before it turns into something worse than a couple tiny ones? Would hate to have an outbreak of these guys.. anyone know if hydrogen peroxide dips working in killing them?
whered you get your coral if you dont mind me asking. i just had to deal with this yesterday lol

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where ever either of you got corals, I would recommend not buying from there again. Just saying, if they got aptasia they probably have other even harder to detect problems

Amantijt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where ever either of you got corals, I would recommend not buying from there again. Just saying, if they got aptasia they probably have other even harder to detect problems
that was my concern was just seeing if it was the same place lol

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back