New pistol shrimp and goby pair

TCseh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2022
Messages
481
Reaction score
239
Location
Broken Arrow Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered this wheelers goby from doctor reefs and it was supposed to be paired with a pistol shrimp. The pistol shrimp disappeared in the tank the second I put him in and the goby seems pretty skinny. Should I proactively do something?

20230801_205714.jpg
 
He has just sat in the same spot on the sand since I have put him in. Is that normal?
Yes, this is normal. A goby will be fairly scared and I’ve had some that just sit in one area when new and don’t do anything. I’ve also had some that do the opposite and go right for the rockwork.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new