new popbloom rs90

sevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed second lamp this weekend, and worked on cutting a bit of the birdnest......... ended up with removing about 90% of it...(will be good media for CArx) will do more complete measurement this weekend. As for adding 2 more to my setup, it is the plan. I spoke with the seller, Oliver, and he assured me I could buy only the lamps as add-on, without the controller; it will probably wait for late summer though. I will go more into the controller too. It seams to have a wide variety of possible configurations: going from seasons simulation, moonlight time offset, algae elimination, acclimation, and so on. One thing to know, on the controller, is that even though you can have 4 lamps on it, it will not control a lamp individually. So if you want stronger light for some SPS on 1 side of the tank, and less light for softies on the other side, you would need different controllers.
I think you would need a second controller
for individual light settings per light.
I know they were working on wifi/Bluetooth
but had a few issues.
Unsure if it will be a revision update or an add in module like they previously used on the older lights
until it was discontinued.
would love some more photos :)
in your next update.
Thanks

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would need a second controller
for individual light settings per light.
I know they were working on wifi/Bluetooth
but had a few issues.
Unsure if it will be a revision update or an add in module like they previously used on the older lights
until it was discontinued.
would love some more photos :)
in your next update.
Thanks

Yes, the controller connects all light together, so all lights are same color and brightness.

this version of controller no wifi.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, the channel 2, 3, 4 is designed for full PUR
Channel 2: 390-440 . also fuction for moonlighting.
Channel 3: 450-470
channel 4: 470-490

the moonlight can be set
1, the value
2, the time of on and off
3, lunar
4, limited the max.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the light are also support the following install way.

Attachments

• 挂架.jpg
    挂架.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 支架.jpg
    支架.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 276

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
normally nobady like the color/brightness are different from the left to the right in a tank.
So I suggest connect all lights together in the same line. (this is our design concept for the first version).

I really see some friends install 2 lines of lights (width is more than 80cm/32inch.
the front is more blue and the back is more white. there is sensor of color and level from front to back.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
numbers look very promising. mostly on par with what is advertised on the documents.
I started to test par on all channel individually, but realised chan 1 & 4 only gives about 30-50 PAR each, directly under the lamp, while chan 2 (moonlight) gives less than 30 PAR. So, I did all 4 chan @ 100%.
Here is my setup. T5HO and middle R420r are off.
circulating pumps are off, but return pump is still running, giving minimal water agitation.
Lamp is 8 inch above water, 12 inch from front, back and side.
20210108_131233.jpg

Please I think the light will be install more better if there is a rail kit. I mean the light install on the railkit and the railkit install on your pendant.

I am happy to give you that kit FREE to thank you for your test and share the light.

Please let me know when you order the other lights. I will ask the logistics colleagues help put the kit in your pacakge.

Is there anything else I can do for you :-)

sevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats good news and well deserved free kit
from oliver. Im here waiting for Alains update and
some more photos :)) Has that nest really gone?
Its a shame dsuny dont do these reviews themselves.
They would sell far more lights, showing them installed.
Im sure alains review has a number of people now interested.
I only ordered mine because of my previous
experience being great with both sets of the older lights.
I just had an email from lisa @ dsuny. My three rs90s with mounts have arived in the uk. Speedy post at 7 days. I better get "cracking" drilling my tank!
Hopefully the posty will deliver soon.

OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didnt have time to complete testing this weekend, had to play babysitter while wife needed a well deserved brake. Thank you Oliver for the offer, should order remaining lights around april-may, will let you know. The rail kit might be a good idea, indeed.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didnt have time to complete testing this weekend, had to play babysitter while wife needed a well deserved brake. Thank you Oliver for the offer, should order remaining lights around april-may, will let you know. The rail kit might be a good idea, indeed.
I am very happy to help you get big discount at that time.

Also, To thank you for you kindly share and show the detail of the product. you have been registed as VIP in our CRM. It means you will get our Bate version of NEW product FREE (only pay the shipping cost).

Congratulation You.:)

sevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to see a rail kit with legs so that it can sit on a eurobraced tank.
I have a braceless thats getting old so im about to
fit a euro brace for extra safety. I am thinking i could silicone some small glass uprights to the back of the tank for the mounts to clip too. would hardly notice them.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my popbloom lights, still need to mount the controller and do some cable management:
Please there is a couple of "S" hangkit. it is used to hang the controller on the tank-wall.

I also suggest you nail the controller on the wall , if your wife agree you to damage the wall :-)

Attachments

• 控制器-钉.jpg
    控制器-钉.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 控制器-悬挂.jpg
    控制器-悬挂.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 231

hambandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I'm considering 4 of these for our 150.
i dont have any real world coral growth experience with them, but i can say the overall build quality is day and night over the chinese black boxes i have used before. i was an early adopter of the generic 165w box - i negotiated directly with a supplier and bought several for my club members circa 2009? not 100% sure tbh. I had a few variants of those over the years and these so far seem to be much better all around. The controller I have with mine does a full day-night-seasonal shift. After I get this tank set up and get some coral in it I will update on growth, but that is several months down the road.

JW3500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont have any real world coral growth experience with them, but i can say the overall build quality is day and night over the chinese black boxes i have used before. i was an early adopter of the generic 165w box - i negotiated directly with a supplier and bought several for my club members circa 2009? not 100% sure tbh. I had a few variants of those over the years and these so far seem to be much better all around. The controller I have with mine does a full day-night-seasonal shift. After I get this tank set up and get some coral in it I will update on growth, but that is several months down the road.
Thanks for the background. 8 have always ran mars aqua since I switched to LEDs years ago with success. I am looking for better color and functionality now. I think I saw these on ebay where they can be ordered in a set with a single controller. A single controller can handle 4 or 5 of these lights I think.

I was looking into reefbreeders which will run me around $1300. However like you, having success in the past with black box lights I began researching some of the newer models available.

DanInMichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would please what length of the rail kit should be include ? or the lengh of the tank people want to rail kit with leg(on each side) , not some mount-arms(on back)
In my case, the tank is 72", 180 gallon.
Mount arms would be great too, as long as it worked on a eurobrace tank.

JW3500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats good news and well deserved free kit
from oliver. Im here waiting for Alains update and
some more photos :)) Has that nest really gone?
Its a shame dsuny dont do these reviews themselves.
They would sell far more lights, showing them installed.
Im sure alains review has a number of people now interested.
I only ordered mine because of my previous
experience being great with both sets of the older lights.
I just had an email from lisa @ dsuny. My three rs90s with mounts have arived in the uk. Speedy post at 7 days. I better get "cracking" drilling my tank!
Hopefully the posty will deliver soon.
What size tank are you installing these on?

Back