New Red Sea Lighting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in some recent conversations with a large supplier, we were discussing how some of the Deluxe tanks are sold out and Red Sea is not shipping any more. The lighting and arms can still be purchased separately. I was told this is all in preparation for their own line of lights coming in the next few months.

Any info on this?

Do you think they will have a AIO package with their lights and skimmer?

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometime ago was trying to develop their own lights and failed. That is why when RS upgraded the Max line and created the Reefer Deluxe version they chose AI.

I would better buy AI that it is a proven product rather than going straight with Red Sea. Their aquariums are great but some other products not so much (aka C-Skim)...

Joe Tyler Reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So in some recent conversations with a large supplier, we were discussing how some of the Deluxe tanks are sold out and Red Sea is not shipping any more. The lighting and arms can still be purchased separately. I was told this is all in preparation for their own line of lights coming in the next few months.

Any info on this?

Do you think they will have a AIO package with their lights and skimmer?

Hello, I too had this problem today. I put an order in for a Red Sea Reefer 350 deluxe through marinedepot.com on 2/8/2019. I was constantly checking the order status and kept seeing that there was no positive updates being made, so I decided to contact marinedepot today 2/19/2019 to see what was up with my order.

Once the rep finally got back on the line after talking to Red Sea, he told me that my order is not going to move forward and that it will have to be cancelled due to the new “Tank Kits” coming out from Red Sea. He said it was mainly due to the new ReefLed 90W lights that Red Sea had developed, which will take place of the AI Hydra 26s. He said that they just pulled all the Red Sea deluxe models from their website. I checked this and noticed that all deluxe models say “notify me when in stock.”

I am also wondering if anyone on here knows when these new line of tanks will be available for purchase. I did ask the marinedepot rep and he said that he is not sure when the new model will be available. It seems really weird that Red Sea wouldn’t announce something like this and would just stop shipping out their said to be old model deluxe with the AI lights?

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometime ago was trying to develop their own lights and failed. That is why when RS upgraded the Max line and created the Reefer Deluxe version they chose AI.

I would better buy AI that it is a proven product rather than going straight with Red Sea. Their aquariums are great but some other products not so much (aka C-Skim)...

I agree, go with a proven product instead of being a guinea pig! ;)

OP
OP
Reefer_Rob

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I too had this problem today. I put an order in for a Red Sea Reefer 350 deluxe through marinedepot.com on 2/8/2019. I was constantly checking the order status and kept seeing that there was no positive updates being made, so I decided to contact marinedepot today 2/19/2019 to see what was up with my order.

Once the rep finally got back on the line after talking to Red Sea, he told me that my order is not going to move forward and that it will have to be cancelled due to the new “Tank Kits” coming out from Red Sea. He said it was mainly due to the new ReefLed 90W lights that Red Sea had developed, which will take place of the AI Hydra 26s. He said that they just pulled all the Red Sea deluxe models from their website. I checked this and noticed that all deluxe models say “notify me when in stock.”

I am also wondering if anyone on here knows when these new line of tanks will be available for purchase. I did ask the marinedepot rep and he said that he is not sure when the new model will be available. It seems really weird that Red Sea wouldn’t announce something like this and would just stop shipping out their said to be old model deluxe with the AI lights?

Yep. I been eyeing a 350 too.....

Im going to ride it out just to see what they come up with. I heard 2-3 months.

One vendor I spoke to will sell you the AIs and arms that come with the Deluxe for basically the same price.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back