New Red Sea nano max

frasey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’ve just bought a Red Sea nano max! I’m off to my LFS to buy some tmc dry rock over the weekend but I need to buy a salinity tester. They have a Red Sea refractometer or a digital hanna. Which would you recommend or is there a better one for sub £80. Thanks Fraser

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’ve just bought a Red Sea nano max! I’m off to my LFS to buy some tmc dry rock over the weekend but I need to buy a salinity tester. They have a Red Sea refractometer or a digital hanna. Which would you recommend or is there a better one for sub £80. Thanks Fraser
Welcome!

I had two defective :( digital Hanna salinity readers, so while that was my preference, I use a Milwaukee refractometer. Whatever you use, be sure to occasionally calibrate. Hanna comes with some initial solution (can't be used on refractometer) but refractometer solution is cheap (can't be used on Hanna). BTW Hanna customer service was outstanding

Glad you joined

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good refractometer is a standard, must have. It's great to go digital, but then you know you will run out of batteries right when you need it most. Option C: Eventually have both so you can check for accuracy. Redundancy is key in this hobby. Welcome to the salty family!
Lets Go Yes GIF by Bubble Punk

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 37.9%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back