New Red Sea nano max

frasey

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
29
Location
england
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’ve just bought a Red Sea nano max! I’m off to my LFS to buy some tmc dry rock over the weekend but I need to buy a salinity tester. They have a Red Sea refractometer or a digital hanna. Which would you recommend or is there a better one for sub £80. Thanks Fraser
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi everyone, I’ve just bought a Red Sea nano max! I’m off to my LFS to buy some tmc dry rock over the weekend but I need to buy a salinity tester. They have a Red Sea refractometer or a digital hanna. Which would you recommend or is there a better one for sub £80. Thanks Fraser
Welcome!

I had two defective :( digital Hanna salinity readers, so while that was my preference, I use a Milwaukee refractometer. Whatever you use, be sure to occasionally calibrate. Hanna comes with some initial solution (can't be used on refractometer) but refractometer solution is cheap (can't be used on Hanna). BTW Hanna customer service was outstanding

Glad you joined
 
Welcome Fraser! I prefer digital but have a quality calibrated refractometer as well when in doubt or to double check :)
 
A good refractometer is a standard, must have. It's great to go digital, but then you know you will run out of batteries right when you need it most. Option C: Eventually have both so you can check for accuracy. Redundancy is key in this hobby. Welcome to the salty family!
Lets Go Yes GIF by Bubble Punk
 
WELCOME to R2R! I prefer a refractometer for reliability. Digital is nice, but... I calibrate my refractometer before each and every test.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new