New Red Sea Reefmat

  • Thread starter Thread starter dloberry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dloberry

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Messages
180
Reaction score
223
Location
Moses Lake
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a Red Sea Reefmat 500. I had to rearrange my sump and put my chaeto in a basket to keep it from clogging my equipment. I had to move the protein skimmer to another chamber. Looking to possibly add a baffle to create a small refugium again. Apparently the reefmat is very efficient because I have not been getting much skim from protein skimmer since adding the reefmat.
 
Reefmat can be very effective. A reefmat 500 is my only mechanical filtration on my reefer 300 SPS tank with no refugium. I added a skimmer a few months ago but only so I could pull outside air for a pH bump and I never empty the cup. My N and P run low and I have to dose both occasional when I see zero test results.

Reefmat only tank at 3 years.
PXL_20260305_172427863.MP~2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new