New Redsea peninsulas vs Waterbox updates

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's everyone's thoughts one the new redsea peninsula? It looks great and love the hidden feet, but seems weird they got rid of the above sump ATO reservoir. I'm sure it's to accommodate their filter roller and skimmer sticking out above the sump, but they don't seem to have much room for an decent sized reservoir. It's almost as of they are trying to distract that there isn't a section or much space for one by including their new ATO.
Meanwhile waterbox seems to adopt a approach similar to the water storage on top in some of their sump in the infinia peninsula. Granted that may go away with their relaunch into the infinia line.
I'm always pro competition and seems like a good match between the two. What's everyone else's thoughts on the new tank lines coming out?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gravity-fed "above sump" RO reservoir is kind of outdated at this point and often conflicts with installing a ReefMat and just generally having more access to areas of your sump. You pretty much need to run a decent-sized stand-alone RO reservoir anyway (like a IM Hydrofill) because having to refill it every 1-2 days is a PITA.

I think they made a lot of great improvements to the new Peninsula line of tanks. I expect we'll see G2+ models for the other tanks in short order as well.

OP
OP
officialreefbros

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gravity-fed "above sump" RO reservoir is kind of outdated at this point and often conflicts with installing a ReefMat and just generally having more access to areas of your sump. You pretty much need to run a decent-sized stand-alone RO reservoir anyway (like a IM Hydrofill) because having to refill it every 1-2 days is a PITA.

I think they made a lot of great improvements to the new Peninsula line of tanks. I expect we'll see G2+ models for the other tanks in short order as well.
Yeah that's a good point. I just wish they included more space for it. It's like you need a separate cabinet to fill with 50g lol

I really liked the hidden adjustable feet. That made it look super clean!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's a good point. I just wish they included more space for it. It's like you need a separate cabinet to fill with 50g lol

I really liked the hidden adjustable feet. That made it look super clean!
If you want to go away for any length of time you really need a stand-alone RO reservoir. I get 8-9 days off my IM Hydrofill (15-gallons), but if you have a direct RO line (float valve, ASO) a smaller RO reservoir will be fine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back