New Reef Addiction in Oklahoma

Ok_cowboy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok folks I need lots of help! Unknown to me why, I just jumped into this hobby with everything I got. I just bought(today) my first saltwater aquarium and I bought everything I thought I needed for a proper setup, but the more I read, the more I order online! This addiction is very dangerous and costly thus far and I'm just starting! Please God give me strength to slow down on feeding my addiction, and just focus on getting the new tank setup with what I have already and start enjoying this new weakness!

BummersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol .... sorry to laugh dear but I can SO relate!!! It is horribly addictive and horribly expensive. Sending you a little prayer.
go slow, hands out of tank, go slow, wait, go slow, stay off the online web sites, go slow ....(just keep chanting that in your head, it might help)
seriously, it can help a little to get on here and read through posts and ask a question or two. It's free to do that and helps satisfy the cravings! :D

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to go slow but its important to go slow. Just wait until you get your first coral. Its like a drug and its going to be all your thinking about. As stated above go slow. I always go back to the statement I heard when I started out. "nothing good happens quickly in saltwater" and that is true.

BummersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
start a build thread Cowboy! so we can pop over there and remind ourselves exactly what you got. And go spend a little money on a three ring binder so you can keep all your notes, receipts, water test results, logs etc in one place. Three ring binders are cheap!!

OP
OP
Ok_cowboy1

Ok_cowboy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the build this far except I changed out the pump for a Sicce Syncra pump and I bought the current orbit pro LED light. Then I turned around after I got home and ordered the mag drive 7 from eBay along with a controller for the power heads! I am fixing to purchase an RO/DI from bulk reef I think, but it's so expensive!

image.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ok_cowboy1

Ok_cowboy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
start a build thread Cowboy! so we can pop over there and remind ourselves exactly what you got. And go spend a little money on a three ring binder so you can keep all your notes, receipts, water test results, logs etc in one place. Three ring binders are cheap!!
Bummer reef where would I start a build thread?

OP
OP
Ok_cowboy1

Ok_cowboy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The build thread has been started, please feel free to review and comment! I hope I got it right!

Back