New Reefer Charleston SC

dbsehorn24

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2022
Messages
116
Reaction score
133
Location
Charleston
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I just started the reefing hobby about a couple months ago. So far so good! My goal is to have a relatively low maintenance tank with making the least amount of mistakes as possible. I have a 40 gal IM AIO tank. So far I have 2 clowns, yellow coris wrasse, tailspot blenny and a Midas blenny on the way. I have 2 ricordea florida, 1 Superman mushroom, small frag of GSP and a favia. The hardest part for me so far is being patient! It’s tough with a new tank.
 
Welcome to the R2R community!!

Happy Dance GIF by Charlie Mars
 
Welcome! 40g is what I have and it’s a great size. Can you post pics?
Thank you for the welcome!

40 Gal is great. I wanted a little larger but my wife didn’t want it in the living room so it went in the bonus room. Perfect size for that. Here are some pictures. I built the stand myself with a detachable face board. Held on by a base board and magnetic attachments. I still have a way to go for cord organization though. Oh I forgot about the firefish I got this past weekend
 

Attachments

  • CA38F8A9-1D23-49CA-842E-B8A626CB655F.jpeg
    CA38F8A9-1D23-49CA-842E-B8A626CB655F.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 3F83B3CF-185C-40C5-82DE-E22D9A38B875.jpeg
    3F83B3CF-185C-40C5-82DE-E22D9A38B875.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 1F049C18-A002-4619-BE63-9BB83FDA8916.jpeg
    1F049C18-A002-4619-BE63-9BB83FDA8916.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 65
  • FA19278D-385E-497C-A866-3C1E03DF4F5F.jpeg
    FA19278D-385E-497C-A866-3C1E03DF4F5F.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 46
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Tank looks good. It’s hard to be patient but take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new