New reefer from Arizona

baldislife

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
77
Reaction score
75
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am a new hobbyist from Arizona. Since I was a kid I always wanted a salt water tank but was always afraid to do it. Decided to take the plunge when my college aged son asked to purchase a EVO 13.5. It's a great hobby to replace sports in our relationship. Looking forward to meeting people and learning.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hello I am a new hobbyist from Arizona. Since I was a kid I always wanted a salt water tank but was always afraid to do it. Decided to take the plunge when my college aged son asked to purchase a EVO 13.5. It's a great hobby to replace sports in our relationship. Looking forward to meeting people and learning.

Welcome! Glad you joined. This is a great family hobby and I'm glad you are involving your son.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Arizona:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new