New reefer from Asheville, NC

Welcome to R2R
H8VECcFiTCylIqSp-MdpRw.jpeg
 
AaaR2R2.gif


Fish and Wildlife huh!? That is beyond cool. I toyed with Marine Biology for a second but then I saw a squirrel and changed my major. Again.

So Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!
 
Nice, i saw an older post about Asheville area people. Might Have to revive it to get a meet up in the future for trades and a beer
Welcome , I’m in Franklin Nc. About 45 minutes from Asheville
 
Haha yeah I know how that goes. If I didn’t live in the mountains, I would have loved to do marine biology.

AaaR2R2.gif


Fish and Wildlife huh!? That is beyond cool. I toyed with Marine Biology for a second but then I saw a squirrel and changed my major. Again.

So Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!
 
Hey y’all,

Excited to lurk around and do some reading and learning. I have wanted to do a reef tank for over 10 years now, but my old job required us to move every 2 years or so. Now we are finally staying put for awhile and we have a toddler who loves going to the aquarium just as much as I do and I have the green light from the wife to finally start a tank!

I have a degree in fish and wildlife, so I love really learning ecology, scientific names and families.

Gonna take my time getting into it, but I’m very excited to be here!
welcome- reefing should be fun for you with a toddler. My 5 year old can name my corals (though he doesnt remember all the zoa names)
 
Hey y’all,

Excited to lurk around and do some reading and learning. I have wanted to do a reef tank for over 10 years now, but my old job required us to move every 2 years or so. Now we are finally staying put for awhile and we have a toddler who loves going to the aquarium just as much as I do and I have the green light from the wife to finally start a tank!

I have a degree in fish and wildlife, so I love really learning ecology, scientific names and families.

Gonna take my time getting into it, but I’m very excited to be here!

Welcome! This is a great family hobby, and your little one will learn so very much having a saltwater tank in your home. You will fit right in here.
 
Hey y’all,

Excited to lurk around and do some reading and learning. I have wanted to do a reef tank for over 10 years now, but my old job required us to move every 2 years or so. Now we are finally staying put for awhile and we have a toddler who loves going to the aquarium just as much as I do and I have the green light from the wife to finally start a tank!

I have a degree in fish and wildlife, so I love really learning ecology, scientific names and families.

Gonna take my time getting into it, but I’m very excited to be here!
Hey I am new here too! And u are close! I'm in Concord NC!! Welcome!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new