New Reefer from CO

Sunshineincolorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband purchased me a 280 gallon tank which I wanted to do freshwater as I have had freshwater tanks for years but he talked me into doing a reef tank. Very nervous about this. I am struggling just to get the tank and the sump hooked up. Can use all the advice I can get. The protein skimmer only fits in the sump if I take all the felt socks out. Do you have to use the socks in the sump. Is there other filters I can use in their place? There is a lot of room in this sump. Thank you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome38.jpg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there.... that is a big tank but rest easy... bad things happen slower in a big tank. It's like turning a cruise ship. Drink some tea, take a breath .... you've got this.
We can give you more advise on the sump if we could see what you have going on. Can you post us a pic?
You Got This Mental Health GIF by YouTube

400BA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband purchased me a 280 gallon tank which I wanted to do freshwater as I have had freshwater tanks for years but he talked me into doing a reef tank. Very nervous about this. I am struggling just to get the tank and the sump hooked up. Can use all the advice I can get. The protein skimmer only fits in the sump if I take all the felt socks out. Do you have to use the socks in the sump. Is there other filters I can use in their place? There is a lot of room in this sump. Thank you.
Welcome to R2R! I'm a newbie as well and will be watching responses to your questions. Good luck and have FUN!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back