New Reefer from Georgia

45DA0D71-CD9B-4433-90CA-C166BDE9FC9D.jpeg
 
hi welcome you are going to love it here

pics required..lol we all love pics

have fun ask a lot of questions ,open 24-7 happy reefing
 
Welcome... I think it’s only fair, that at some point in the future, you have 33 SW tanks!

:)

I agree... now if I can only convince my significant other! You wouldn't mind talking to her for me, right??? :)
 
Hello everyone! I've started my first reef tank - a Red Sea Reefer 250 - so I have been lurking in the forums for quite some time now but thought it would be good to introduce myself since I'm sure I will be asking many questions over the upcoming months.

As mentioned above, this is my first reef tank (and my first saltwater tank) but I have been in the freshwater aquarium hobby for at least 15 years. At one point about 10 years ago I had 33 aquariums that housed a large assortment of Tropheus species and other Tanganyikan cichlids like Cyphotilapia gibberosa, Cyprichromis sp., etc. but as it often happens, life got in the way and I had to scale back significantly. I am down to only two freshwater aquariums at the moment; I decided to try my hand at discus a couple of years ago and have a 125 gallon tank with nine adult discus, a school of cardinal tetras and a school of sterbai corydoras. My other aquarium is a 40 gallon breeder that is used as my hospital/quarantine tank that permanently houses a school of rummynose tetras.

Which leads me to my jump into the reefing world... I have always wanted to try a reef aquarium but always put it off for whatever reason. Finally this Christmas I decided I was ready so I gave myself the Red Sea Reefer 250. I am looking forward to all the challenges and beauty that comes with a reef tank. My plan is to start with some softies and LPS and then possibly move into SPS once I have a better grasp of all the ins and outs of keeping corals alive and thriving. I am 19 days into the cycling process so I still have a long way to go!

Anyway, sorry for the rambling.I look forward to interacting with everyone and thank you for all the great contributions you've made to this forum; it greatly helps a newbie like me!
Welcome to R2R and fire away with any questions you may have.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new