New Reefer in PNW Gig Harbor

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not well.....
Yeah, my wife is bursting pregnant and super hot with the baby kicking around in there... my nano hit 86.5 F yesterday, but it did slowly and no issues. Not even from the acropora. I didn't even shut the lights out and everything opened up well.

Today is supposed to be even hotter. The garage is getting too hot. It's leaking heat into the rest of the house. I fixed the problem with a free A/C from my old neighbor, a tube of window sealant, and power saw to a side door that no one can see from anywhere really:
20210627_094353.jpg

Lol. (You might be redneck if your pregnant wife and fish tank are too hot and you put a window A/C in a side door).

We'll be remodeling next fall and winter anyway, with central air and new floors, etc, so a new door in figure is a worthwhile sacrafise for now.

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my wife is bursting pregnant and super hot with the baby kicking around in there... my nano hit 86.5 F yesterday, but it did slowly and no issues. Not even from the acropora. I didn't even shut the lights out and everything opened up well.

Today is supposed to be even hotter. The garage is getting too hot. It's leaking heat into the rest of the house. I fixed the problem with a free A/C from my old neighbor, a tube of window sealant, and power saw to a side door that no one can see from anywhere really:
20210627_094353.jpg

Lol. (You might be redneck if your pregnant wife and fish tank are too hot and you put a window A/C in a side door).

We'll be remodeling next fall and winter anyway, with central air and new floors, etc, so a new door in figure is a worthwhile sacrafise for now.
oh wow

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think pregnancy gets the hormones and such going. She was getting really feisty yesterday due to heat and carrying the extra 20 pounds around 24/7... she's only about a 115 pounds normally so pregnancy is rough on her.

If this helps even a little...

We have literally no windows that allow window A/C's... and three other A/C's, stand alone (nice dual inverter LG's), installed already throughout the house--and it still got hot yesterday!!!

The house is just so open with massively tall ceilings that its hard to cool..

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should take a trip to a place with a/c, maybe to a friends house or something...
Yeah, it's just that we have a two year old and he's a handful... I mean a handful! And he's potty training (he pooped in the yard yesterday so i just don't really need to share these experiences at other's homes... lol).

She went to a friends yesterday for a while but they were mostly outside with other kids. Which was hot, but others aren't pregnant and want to be outside. She could go by herself somewhere--but she most likely won't because she wants to be with the two year old (don't thinks she's been away from him for more than few hours ever--she had a really hard, life threatening, delivery with him and a two week hospital stay).

So far with this A/C the house is holding at 70F.

If it gets hot again later today, definitely taking your advice, have to convince her!

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's just that we have a two year old and he's a handful... I mean a handful! And he's potty training (he pooped in the yard yesterday so i just don't really need to share these experiences at other's homes... lol).

She went to a friends yesterday for a while but they were mostly outside with other kids. Which was hot, but others aren't pregnant and want to be outside. She could go by herself somewhere--but she most likely won't because she wants to be with the two year old (don't thinks she's been away from him for more than few hours ever--she had a really hard, life threatening, delivery with him and a two week hospital stay).

So far with this A/C the house is holding at 70F.

If it gets hot again later today, definitely taking your advice, have to convince her!
Geez!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back