Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Welcome.gif

dan 13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents:
Get and all in one or a tank with an overflow and sump. My first tank was a 55 from petco and all hang on the back filtration. It was not good learn from my mistakes.
Have u ever heard the saying buy nice so u don't buy twice? I tried to buy cheap everything when I started then as I progressed ended up buying better stuff later on. Eg. Bought a 48 inch led light from Amazon but I had to manually turn it on everyday and switch from blue to white manually. That got old after a month then bought a kessil and never looked back.
Most importantly go SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW. The faster u go the more problems ull have. Fighting algea and Dying livestock constantly will turn u off to the hobby in 1 year

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
My name is Moe and new to saltwater tanks. I'm an IT professional in the Chicagoland area. I'm still deciding what I want to do and go with. In the past, I've had freshwater aquariums.
I'm trying to find the right setup for a beginner and looking at setups around 50g. Not trying to break the bank since this is my first attempt at saltwater.
The RS Reefer Max 200 g2+ caught my eye because it comes with everything needed to automate (my geekness kicks in when I can automate everything after the tank is fully setup).
What is everyone's thoughts on this?
I'm interested at hearing what everyone recommends.

I recommend determining which fish you want to keep. Then design your system around those fish.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
My name is Moe and new to saltwater tanks. I'm an IT professional in the Chicagoland area. I'm still deciding what I want to do and go with. In the past, I've had freshwater aquariums.
I'm trying to find the right setup for a beginner and looking at setups around 50g. Not trying to break the bank since this is my first attempt at saltwater.
The RS Reefer Max 200 g2+ caught my eye because it comes with everything needed to automate (my geekness kicks in when I can automate everything after the tank is fully setup).
Welcome!

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
Welcome to the group!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back