Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the welcome!

On the setup - I had a few requirements:
* Good cabinet space for all the accessories
* A clean look with no obstructions of the view on the tank
* No gear in the sump area other than what is in the sump itself

I was doubting between a black or white Reefer, but the white just gave better options for the other cabinets. I usually try to avoid IKEA, but the fact that I could "build to specs" (dimensions) and that I knew I was going to have to drill holes on the side, made it an obvious choice.

As my house is full of Philips Hue lights, I had to add a Hue outdoor strip in the sump area. Providing enough light in the sump area has already proven to be the best decision ever. ;)

IMG_20200920_105448.jpg IMG_20200920_105546.jpg

OP
OP
Kobooi

Kobooi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kobooi ~ how do you like the indo rock? I got some a couple years ago. It seems to harbor safer hitchhikers from what I’ve seen. Any other thoughts/experiences?
I had ordered 25 kg from my LFS owner (coralreef.be) - he gets it from De Jong Marinelife. Nice thing is: he doesn't open the box, in fact nobody does, once it leaves Indonesia - nobody to pick out the best pieces and leave you with mostly rubble. I was the one allowed to break the Indonesian customs seal.

Very happy with the mix of shapes; some flat rocks to put on the bottom and then mostly irregular shapes. I had expected to spend hours on landscaping trying to find something that works, but once I had laid them all down on a tarp, it came together in 10 minutes. The irregular shapes give a lot of overhang, nooks and bridges.

There were a few different type worms, 5 in total, that were left behind on that tarp. I don't know which worm is which, but I didn't recognize any of them as a bristle worm. I'm going to hope that the survivors are all good ones.

Some good coralline also on most of the pieces, but once the rocks were in my tank and covered with water, and without the LED lights now, the purple went away.

IMG_20200920_113303.jpg IMG_20200920_113639.jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ordered 25 kg from my LFS owner (coralreef.be) - he gets it from De Jong Marinelife. Nice thing is: he doesn't open the box, in fact nobody does, once it leaves Indonesia - nobody to pick out the best pieces and leave you with mostly rubble. I was the one allowed to break the Indonesian customs seal.

Very happy with the mix of shapes; some flat rocks to put on the bottom and then mostly irregular shapes. I had expected to spend hours on landscaping trying to find something that works, but once I had laid them all down on a tarp, it came together in 10 minutes. The irregular shapes give a lot of overhang, nooks and bridges.

There were a few different type worms, 5 in total, that were left behind on that tarp. I don't know which worm is which, but I didn't recognize any of them as a bristle worm. I'm going to hope that the survivors are all good ones.

Some good coralline also on most of the pieces, but once the rocks were in my tank and covered with water, and without the LED lights now, the purple went away.

IMG_20200920_113303.jpg IMG_20200920_113639.jpg
So nice. I never got to break the seal but was able to pick up from my LFS. Lots of coralline like you mentioned. And the rock just looks beautiful. It feels like cheating doesn’t it?

scdigby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
After 5 years reading, studying, fantasy shopping and dreaming, I'm now finally hands-on.
Today the live rock from Indonesia went in. Oh it brings back memories from my dives in the GBR, Cook Islands and Seychelles.

Glad to be a part of this community!

IMG_20200918_121345.jpg
welcome.jpg

Hello! Welcome! i like your set up.

Back