new return pump

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i’ve been looking for a new return pump for my nuevo 10 gal and i was wondering if anyone can help me out the numbers are getting confusing to me so any help would be nice.
the one i have is the standard one it comes with and i dont know the gallons per hour on it.

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i’ve been looking for a new return pump for my nuevo 10 gal and i was wondering if anyone can help me out the numbers are getting confusing to me so any help would be nice.
the one i have is the standard one it comes with and i dont know the gallons per hour on it.
I’d look at a Sicce Syncra 0.5. Maybe a 1.0. Id probably go with the 0.5. Sicce makes good stuff and should fit.

It’s probably not much GPH at all. Stock ones never put out much. Lol. The 0.5 is probably close. Maybe a little more. Check the pump out. Their should be something on it that’ll give you an idea.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MicraPlus would be good as well. The GPH is not all that critical. Between about 100-200 is fine, maybe the higher end of that if you don't have a powerhead in the aquarium

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also another question when i get it how much flow do i give it i have an lps tank do i run it at 50% or less

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thank you for the help i was looking at that one and the numbers started to confuse me
No worries! The 0.5 is probably an upgrade. It might come in at a little more flow. But you an adjust the nozzles. Most these tanks don’t get enough stock anyways. I’d be glad the pump broke lol. Go with the 0.5. I just found something that said 92 GPH. Lol
Then you only really need maybe low to mid 100's gph for the return pump. MicraPlus or 0.5 would both be a good choice.
Agreed 100%

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries! The 0.5 is probably an upgrade. It might come in at a little more flow. But you an adjust the nozzles. Most these tanks don’t get enough stock anyways. I’d be glad the pump broke lol. Go with the 0.5. I just found something that said 92 GPH. Lol

Agreed 100%
ok and mine didn’t break it’s just really loud also i don’t have a output nozzle on mine like the flat black nozzle

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok and mine didn’t break it’s just really loud also i don’t have a output nozzle on mine like the flat black nozzle
Your two options Sicce 0.5 is like 180GPH. Sicce MicraPlus is 158 GPH stock you were running about 100 GPH. A little more flow wouldn’t hurt as PotatoHead said. Both good choices.

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks for the help though
Also I’d look at how your plumbing connects to the existing pump. Choose the pump you think fits best. Not a huge difference. So you may have to use an adapter or change the hose. Honestly although I can’t wait until my Return pump ticks me off. 123GPH lol on my 13.5. Just go Sicce on it. You’ll never regret it.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I’d look at how your plumbing connects to the existing pump. Choose the pump you think fits best. Not a huge difference. So you may have to use an adapter or change the hose. Honestly although I can’t wait until my Return pump ticks me off. 123GPH lol on my 13.5. Just go Sicce on it. You’ll never regret it.
oh ok thanks for the help

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back