New RODI water test results

nibes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I installed a BRS 6stage RODI unit last night and followed the directions to a T, I went to test my water today and I’m a bit puzzled by my results. Per the pool supply shop they analyzed my water it shows that my Free chlorine and total chlorine are 0.05 ppm. I kinda thought that would be removed by the RODI unit? Also my analysis is attached in a photo, they used a syringe to charge the test unit with my rodi water that was likely used for other customers tests. Could this be a factor that would skew my results?

image.jpg

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really have no idea but 0.05 ppm seems pretty low. *I wonder how accurate that test is too
Test strips I use to test after carbon before RO measure 0.0, 0.25, 0.5 ppm, etc,,, nothing as precise as the test your pool place did.

Beyond that, I think TOTAL = FREE chlorine in source water is supposed to mean no chloramines so that part sounds good,,, but I'm talking out of my area of knowledge here. *would've been nice to 0.0, especially since I think you were testing your product water (after DI)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what they used to test it? A pool company would not generally be focused on accurately measuring 0.05 ppm since that is much too low to be useful for a pool or spa.

I agree that I do not know if it is accurate enough to be meaningful, and yes, if the syringe had a customers tap, pool or spa water in it, it might easily be contaminated.

The carbon cartridge should remove chlorine.

I personally would not worry about it if you are confident you installed the carbon cartridge correctly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back