New Site Bugs List Them Here

Up2no6ood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss having the option to have new posts appear first and bring apple to increase the max posts per page count.

Up2no6ood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. It was awesome for live sales
And that was able not apple lol.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd like to be able to click on a thread and see the first post, without having to scroll back to the top of the page or click back to the first page.

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look in the cherry coral sale checkin posts when you get over 10 # or hashtags as the system says it gives you an error you can not use more than x amount of #. Then it posts the reply anyhow and does not show it. I ended up with 3 posts this way.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is typically a setting that only allows a maximum number of links, tags, etc per post. IMO if it gives you the error message, intuitively, that should indicate that the post was not allowed. @revhtree if it allowed the post and just removed the excess tags over 10, that could be a bug that should be reported to XF.

mr_gasket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't look through the 11 pages of this thread, but I am wondering if anyone has noticed when viewing this site and zooming out on an a phone (mine's an iPhone) if you see 2/3 webpage and 1/3 gray on the width of the page. Can this be fixed? It did not occur until the new web page became live.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can this be fixed? It did not occur until the new web page became live.
I believe this has to do with banner ads. Happens on my site as well. The banner ads are wider than the mobile style and this breaks it. The solution is to re-size the banner ads for mobile, but this is generally a pain to to because it has to be done manually (resize each ad to a non-standard size).

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this belongs here or not, but the last few days I'm having difficulty accessing the forums. I mean, the home page is fine, the subforums are fine, but when I click on "Forums" to get an overview of where everything is, the screen freezes. I'm highly suspect of that banner at the top with the lady in a living room. When it freezes its right before or right as that banner loads. I'm still able to use the back arrow and go back, it's not my whole computer that freezes, just that page. Any help for me @revhtree ? It's making it very difficult to navigate. Thanks!

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@melypr1985 I was able to get the Forums tab to load just fine, it did pause for about a second before it fully loaded, and I see the issue you are seeing with that larger header banner with the lady holding the baby

(EDIT: it seemed that the page froze temporarily while that loaded, once it loaded, it was fine. Reloading the page loads the whole page first, then the banner ad follows after a spinner icon shows for a bit)

That looks like a large rotating banner ad and might just be your internet connection. Do you have any ad-blocking software on addons installed in your browser? These can cause issues on sites that run banner ads.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@melypr1985 I was able to get the Forums tab to load just fine, it did pause for about a second before it fully loaded, and I see the issue you are seeing with that larger header banner with the lady holding the baby

(EDIT: it seemed that the page froze temporarily while that loaded, once it loaded, it was fine. Reloading the page loads the whole page first, then the banner ad follows after a spinner icon shows for a bit)

That looks like a large rotating banner ad and might just be your internet connection. Do you have any ad-blocking software on addons installed in your browser? These can cause issues on sites that run banner ads.

That's what happens except no matter how long I wait it doesn't finish loading. It's just frozen and then I cant click any other buttons except to close the internet or back up. Its so weird. This only started happening yesterday and today. I run Internet Explorer without add-ons. I can't remember how to clear my cookies and whatnot, but I'm working on that next. I have a pop-up blocker and that darn Mcafee - I hate this software. Do you think mcafee could be messing it up? I noticed that since my dad put it on my laptop for me the whole thing runs slower on the internet.... like WAY slower.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just cleared my cookies and it seems to have worked! Well, it worked once. Thanks for the help. I hope this fixed it!

edit: nope, still not working. dang

madtownguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this was written but facebook log in didn't work for me when I joined. Might be better to remove it if it isn't going to work.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get ready for some snark
I run Internet Explorer
^ problem #1. Run Chrome or Firefox. NEVER use IE, talk to any IT guy and they will tell you the same.

that darn Mcafee
^ problem #2. I hate it too. I would use MS Security Essentials over McAfee. It's a resource hog and space invader. I use Kaspersky myself, just buy last year's version on eBay (3 PC $20) and download the latest version from their site and use the purchased key code. Then when it expires, buy another $20 3PC license and completely uninstall, download latest version, use new key code. They try to get you to renew for $50/yr but that's for suckers.

Wiping McAfee off means removing it, then opening all your installed browsers and wiping the addons from each of them, and then that might not even work. And watch out for it whenever you update anything Adobe or Java, those try to sneak in McAfee and Norton junk

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice that the trending topics in tapatalk seem to be stuck? Everything is dated from last week. I've checked it on multiple devices and tried logging out and back in again.

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone has asked this question, if it's a bug or what it is. Anyone notice the count down timer after posting? Slows me down from posting again, like 10seconds or something like that.....I mean 30 seconds

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back