New six line wrasse

taymarie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new to the saltwater hobby. I’ve usually only done freshwater. I got a six line wrasse two days ago and I have no clue if there is something wrong with it or if it’s just weird. I recently learned about his mucus ball which was alarming but I’m glad it’s normal. My wrasse was like sitting? It was in a clay pot either laying upside down or kind of upright on its tail. Now it has shoved itself in a rock crevice, which I know is also normal. I am just wondering if the upside down part is normal. All my parameters are good. It is currently in with two clowns and an emerald crab.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new to the saltwater hobby. I’ve usually only done freshwater. I got a six line wrasse two days ago and I have no clue if there is something wrong with it or if it’s just weird. I recently learned about his mucus ball which was alarming but I’m glad it’s normal. My wrasse was like sitting? It was in a clay pot either laying upside down or kind of upright on its tail. Now it has shoved itself in a rock crevice, which I know is also normal. I am just wondering if the upside down part is normal. All my parameters are good. It is currently in with two clowns and an emerald crab.

as long as its coming out and about all that sounds normal. It’s kinda unsettling seeing them jammed in a rock inside a cocoon.:D

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds normal for a 6line to me. Be forewarned, however, that it is also normal for them to go rogue at one point or another and start killing other fish, seemingly for the sport of it.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Be forewarned, however, that it is also normal for them to go rogue at one point or another and start killing other fish, seemingly for the sport of it.

I once watched a Sixline wrasse eat the eyeballs out of a fellow Ocellaris clownfish tankmate. It sucked them right out of the sockets. The clownfish had to be euthanized after that. :(

OP
OP
taymarie

taymarie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds normal for a 6line to me. Be forewarned, however, that it is also normal for them to go rogue at one point or another and start killing other fish, seemingly for the sport of it.
Oh no! The guy at the fish store basically gave him to me for free saying he would be a great addition. I really hope he doesn’t hurt my clowns.

OP
OP
taymarie

taymarie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once watched a Sixline wrasse eat the eyeballs out of a fellow Ocellaris clownfish tankmate. It sucked them right out of the sockets. The clownfish had to be euthanized after that. :(
Oh my gosh! I am really hoping that doesn’t happen. I love my clowns to death

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 lines imo are like dotty backs they seem fine at first then fish start getting ripped up and go missing.

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome!

20200708_233332.jpg

OP
OP
taymarie

taymarie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tay Marie the Youtube celebrity?
Haha no

OP
OP
taymarie

taymarie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately lost him. I’m not sure why. He had some chimps taken out of him, most likely from my crab, though he doesn’t go after my other fish so he probably ate him when he died

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back